Chapter Twenty

I yawned and rolled over. I felt something hard beside me. What was that? My hand crept up, touching skin and then there was a slope and I think I was touching a nose. Then hair. Who in the hell? I opened my eyes just when Jack grasped my waist and pressed me against him. I pinched his nose.

            Suddenly, his eyes snapped open and his mouth gasped like a fish. Ha, I wish I had a camera. He released me and I went to my mini fridge and pulled out granola bars. I tossed Jack one.

            "You have a mini fridge in your closet?" He sat up on his elbows and took it.

            I leaned against the closet door and started banging on it, "Guys! We talked. Let me out now!"

            I could hear my friends discussing if we had enough time to talk it over.

            Jack smiled, "I have a plan. Play along with me alright."

            I shrugged, going along with whatever he wanted to do. He was smart after all. He got up and pulled me up with him. I heard the door unclick just as Jack's lips pressed against mine. My eyes went wide. His lips moved roughly against mine. I parted my lips slightly as I heard several gasps and one, "Boo-Yah!" probably from Maggie. Our tongues mingled. I pulled back and Jack grabbed my cheek. I thought he was going to kiss me again but instead he said, "I love you, Tedi." I was so shocked I couldn't even react. He placed a soft kiss on my lips and turned to my friends, "Thanks for letting us out. Now we have to go do some stuff. We'll see you later."

            He dragged me along with him. My friends grinned and shook their raised thumbs at us. We made it to Jack's dorm. I closed the door and he threw on a shirt, "What the hell was that?"

            "What?" He looked at me innocently.

            "That kiss. The 'I love you'..." My heart contracted just thinking about it.

            "It was fake."

            I blinked, "What?"

            "I just did it so your friends would get off our backs." He sunk into his bed.

            My hands turned to fists, "What will they say when they don't see us actually together? Have you thought of that, know-it-all?"

            He shrugged, "Just say it didn't work out."

            Tears threatened my eyes, "Jack, this is the last straw. I'm sick of you messing with my feelings. I have tried everything to get you back and then you go and kiss me? And say 'I love you' of all things? You know I actually believed your bullshit? You screwed me like that girl screwed you. You know that pain, I'm feeling that right now."

            "I didn't screw you, Tedi!" He stood up, coming into my personal bubble, "Why can't you just be patient?"

            "Why can't you be real for once? You faked everything with me and I'm done. I'm just sick of running after something that doesn't want to be caught." Seriously, I'm done. Unless he tells me right now that we should be together, I'm done. And as much as I might hate it, I have to do it.

            "I'm fake? What are you doing with Scott? You're pulling him into your web, pretending to like him and you'll break his heart."

            "I'm not pretending that I like him!" I protested.

            "I saw him trying to kiss you. You didn't even pull back or try to prevent it. Zach had to come and distract you guys. Did you ever think even a little bit about me when you decided to fling yourself at this guy?"

            "Think about you? Did you think about me when you started dating Hailey? No, you didn't."

            He bit back his lips, "You don't think I was ever thinking about you? When I dated Natalie, my mind was stuck on you! Everywhere I freaking go, I see you. Nothing helps." He sighed.

            "And I can't stop thinking about you." I replied.

            He cupped my cheeks, pressing his nose against mine, "I want you so badly.... But I just can't."

            I pressed my lips to his. His were motionless. My tongue grazed his lips and suddenly, his grip on my face tightened as his lips smashed against mine, tongues intertwining. My hands wrapped around his back as he kissed me senseless. He backpedaled me until we fell into his bed. His lips trailed hotly down to my throat. I moaned. This guy was amazing with his lips.

            I felt his hands skim the hem of my shirt. I grabbed his hands and he looked into my eyes, "I'm not ready for that."

            "I understand," He lightly kissed me and rolled off me.

            I rested my head on his chest, "What does this mean?"

            "Nothing...."

            My heart snapped in half. And I'm usually not the person to get mad easily but he just pissed me off over the top. I sat up and started punching him. Everywhere. I nailed him in the groin and a nice one in his nose. I think I might have a broken nose because it was bleeding. He gripped my flying arms and I shoved him off me, falling to the ground.

            The tears started to fall suddenly. I was just so mad and frustrated with this douchebag. Why was he always sending me mixed signals?

            Jade walked into the room and his face began worried. He rushed to my side, sweating. He must have come back from basketball practice, "What the fuck did you do to her?" He shoved Jack.

            Jack groaned and pressed another tissue to his nose, "What did I do? She freaking broke my nose."

            Jade glanced at me as I stood up, covering my face, "What happened?"

            "He..." I stared at Jack and he stared back, "I'm done with you, Jack. It's over."

            "Tedi_" Jade whispered but I ran. I didn't even want to look at him anymore. I didn't want anything to do with him.

            Jack is truly a jackass.