One

You turned your car around the corner, barely slowing down. You could feel the harsh pull as your body swung with the centrifugal force. As you straightened the wheel again you gasped slamming your foot onto the brake. A slender man with dark locks over his forehead was leaping backward from your car as you barreled toward him.

"Shit!" You shrieked and closed your eyes, not able to stand the thought of watching the impact. Screeching tires wailed as your body bounced against the tug of the seatbelt, but no thump followed. You opened your eyes to see the guy staring into your passenger window leather jacket tight across his shoulders.

He motioned for you to roll down the window and you winced shifting into park. A second later the window was gliding downward and you heard his angry words.

"What were you thinking? You almost hit me! Don't you look where you're going?" You felt the embarrassment like a knot in the back of your throat.

"I-I-," tears erupted hotly down your cheeks and you cried miserably. You didn't even notice that the guy fell silent watching you, his handsome features softening.

"Why don't you park over there for a minute and calm down?" You turned your head at his deep soothing voice and realized cars also trying to turn the corner were backing up into the intersection. You slid the car into drive and guided it into the parking space the man had pointed out.

"I'm sorry, I'm late for work again and I was driving like a psycho." You sniffled looking out the passenger window, he'd walked forward and was leaning against the car again. You met dark eyes and your gaze dragged across wide full cheeks. You were struck by how handsome he looked, and you blushed just thinking it.

"Let your boss know you're going to be late," you watched a soft gummy smile ease onto his lips. "I'm Min Yoongi, are you feeling better?"

"I should be asking you that." Now you were blushing hotly, his voice shivered over your body much like his gaze had started to do.

"You missed me this time, but maybe you should pay more attention behind the wheel in the future." His voice was teasing, he wasn't scolding you even though you deserved it.

"My boss is going to fire me. I should just quit instead of telling him I'm late again. I'm Y/N by the way." He was leaning partially into your passenger window and you wanted to lean toward him. He felt magnetic to you.

"Bad driver, bad employee, sounds like you need some discipline Y/N." Hearing your name on his full lips made your heart drop into your tummy. "I could
help with that." The last few words so soft they were like a brush against you.

"You could?" Had you really said that? Even he looked surprised, but pleasantly. "Hand me your phone." You immediately did as he asked and watched as he typed his number into your contacts, long slim fingers gliding over your phone. Why did you wonder where else they could glide?

"What's that for? Why would you want to see me again? I almost hurt you." You glanced down at your screen to see he'd already text himself from your messages, he had your number now too.

"If you're serious about the discipline lesson, text me. If not, good luck with your boss and drive safer Y/N." Then he waved gently and turned from your car jogging toward a building across the street where two other guys greeted him. One tall and broad shouldered, the other thinner with a sharp jawline you could see from your car.

Was he serious? Were you?

~

Your boss did not in fact fire you, he wasn't even at work when you arrived, twenty five minutes late for your shift. The book store was quiet and gave you plenty of time to ponder Min Yoongi's offer. You knew he wasn't talking about actual lessons in driving or being a better employee. You weren't exactly experienced but you certainly weren't that naive.

You flopped down into a chair by a bookshelf several hours later and thought about those long curling fingers stroking a fire into your stomach. Those lips and small straight teeth leaving love bites along your neck. You'd almost allowed yourself to float away into the fantasy when your phone buzzed in your pocket.

MY: I was too forward, I shouldn't have said that

Was he always so straight to the point? You checked over your shoulder and down the long shelves of books to be sure your boss wasn't watching you slacking off.

YN: No! I'm just trying to be a good employee and not get in anymore trouble

MY: Not fired after all?

He'd responded so quickly, your heart picked up its pace ever so slightly. He was way too good looking to care if you responded. You were certain he could have any girl he wanted, so why was he bothering with you?

YN: Lucky me

MY: I think you owe me dinner for almost making me roadkill this morning

Your heart pounded now. You felt the first crisp wings take flight in your stomach. What were you supposed to say to that? You could never admit you'd been dreaming of those long fingered hands all over your naked body. Your cheeks burned as the thoughts returned. What were you doing?

YN: I'm a terrible cook

MY: I'm not, come over tonight and I'll help you make me japchae. Maybe I'll share it with you if you're a very good girl

You watched as his next message appeared; 8pm with an address not far from the corner where you'd met him this morning. You were going to Min Yoongi's place tonight, you smiled feeling the "good girl" tease through your brain.

MY: Y/N do not be late

(A/N pls vote if you're enjoying this book 🥺)