Ten

KS: Morning Y/N, want to take a walk with me later?

YN: Where?

KS: Han River? We could feed the ducks

YN: Sounds pretty safe and public

KS: I'll even promise not to kidnap you

YN: Already taking all the fun out of it

KS: A small kidnapping, final offer

YN: What time?

KS: Two thirty at the playground in Yeouido Hangang Park?

YN: Is it a date?

KS: And a crime scene

Why had you woken up this morning thinking about Kim Seojun? You'd even thought you might have dreamed about him, but as soon as you'd woken the traces of the dark haired guy teased from your brain. You couldn't recall any details, just fingers that brushed your bottom lip. It couldn't have been Yoongi. Seeing the good morning message from Seojun had banished that name completely.

~

Over the next week you'd spent nearly every day with Seojun. Your first date on Sunday, the walk at the park, had been fun and low key. You'd wandered along the river bank, admiring the view and laughing at the stories you shared with each other. He told you about an unfortunate incident with a snapping turtle at a lake, you told him about growing up in small town Texas. He told you how cute your accent sounded when you spoke Korean.

He'd held your hand twice, the first time when you'd stepped down the riverbank to skip rocks. The second time he'd linked his fingers with yours as you made your way out of the park. He'd looked so cute that you'd kissed his cheek before you lost your nerve then hurried away with a little wave.

Monday Seojun invited you to a movie, and when he noticed you struggling to keep up with the fiery dialog he'd leaned over, whispering the plot into your ear. His warm breath had peaked your senses, as it tickled across your neck and into the edge of your collar. When you turned to look at him, the butterflies took wing in your stomach so vibrantly that you knew he could tell. You thought he might kiss you, both of you frozen in the moment, lips less than a foot apart, but someone rattling a candy wrapper a few seats away broke the tension of the moment.

On Tuesday you'd had to work both jobs, so he suggested dinner at a casual place near the café that you met at only a couple days before. He'd guided you by the waist to your table following the host and pulled your chair out for you. Seojun was romantic and attentive. He never said inappropriate things or made you feel like he only wanted to hook up. As soon as that phrase entered your brain you dispelled it. You were sure he was one of the good ones.

He told you about taking care of his grandmother on weekends so his mother could get a break. She'd been dealing with dementia for several years, and it touched you when he spoke about how much it meant when she recognized him. Seojun was definitely one of the good ones.

KS: I have to work late today, but can I see you tomorrow? I could cook for you

You flinched, this narrative was too familiar. You didn't want to go down this path again. It brought back bad memories that took away from all the new exciting feelings you were having for Seojun.

YN: I was actually going to try to see this singer at Jazz Story, would you want to go with me?

His reply didn't pop back with the usual exuberance and after several minutes you tucked your phone back into your apron and went back to arranging stacks of poetry volumes into the display. It didn't have to mean anything, he'd said he was at work. So why did this make you sense a change was happening between the two of you?

Did he think you didn't trust him enough to come to his place? Did he think you were taking things too slowly? You wanted to change your mind, quickly text him back that you'd love to come over, but every time you reached for your phone you didn't pick it up.

KS: Lee Do-Yun? I've heard so many great things about her, I'd love to go with you

You let out the breath you didn't even realize you'd been holding since feeling the vibration of your phone. Of course he'd just been busy at work. Fifteen minutes wasn't a long time to wait for a response. Why were you suddenly insecure, Seojun had never given you reason to feel that way?

Sitting by his side at a small table Thursday, cold bottles of beer in hand as you listened to the talented singer and her band was the perfect remedy to chase away those feelings. He'd taken your hand into his, fingers intertwined as you enjoyed the show. The atmosphere was relaxed but sexy with it's low lighting, and Seojun looked good in his black shirt and ripped jeans. His leather jacket hadn't even brought any negative feelings, even when on the walk back to your car he'd swung it around your shoulders.

"You looked cold Y/N." He smiled tugging your body closer to his as you turned the corner into the parking garage.

"I wasn't, but I'm willing to pretend to steal this jacket." You laughed and then he was kissing you, pulling you into his space his hands wide against your hips. It felt thrilling and you closed the space stretching upward with your hands on his shoulders. His lips moved against yours and teased your mouth open. You opened your lips and the kiss deepened, his tongue dancing between your teeth and you wanted this so badly.

You kissed each other breathless, finally breaking apart a moment later, both of your lips rosy and a blush coloring your cheeks. He reached out and dragged two fingers across your bottom lip. This was the hint of the dream you'd had Saturday night, and it felt right, you leaned against him and he lowered his head taking your lips again. You caressed your fingernails across the back of his neck and then higher into the locks of his hair, he murmured appreciation against your mouth.

"Come dancing with me tomorrow." He pulled back from the kiss just enough to whisper the words against your lips, and you nodded willing to say anything to taste him again. He was pulling back further and you couldn't help the tiny whine of frustration that spilled from you.

"There's no rush sweetie, let's just take it one step at a time okay?" He kissed your forehead and then looped his hand into yours leading you the final steps to your car.

"If you weren't a good kisser then maybe it would be easier." You almost frowned at your dumb joke but he gave you his million watt smile and pecked your lips gently.

"Tomorrow beautiful."