Chapter 58: Extra Credit

Since our date on Valentine's day, Ariana and I had been weird around each other. It was a good kind of weird but still strange. We suddenly became shy around each other over things as simple as making eye contact. I knew a large part was that we were too scared to do anything that would give us away, but there was something more going on.

   I know for me it was a little bit different between us. Our feelings for each other were out in the open, and we were working towards being something more. It was hard acting like only an aid in her class when I wanted to address her by her beautiful first name, knowing that it would be disrespectful.

   Of course, there was also still the issue of Justin. I stopped going the long way to class to avoid seeing them together. I often found them keeping each other company still during passing period.

Although it was clearly a lot more platonic than before, I still couldn't get over the jealousy it filled me with. They had something between them, and while I was unsure of Ariana's feelings towards Justin, I knew that Justin still harbored feelings for her.

Feeling this way over something that was out of Justin's control and my control was driving me insane. I had no reason to be so jealous. If anything, I should feel bad for the guy. As far as I knew, he had lost Ariana and I back to back because of the same job. I don't even know what he would do if he ever found out about us, but I know it would drive me over the edge if I was in his position.

I think what got under my skin the most was that Ariana hadn't brought it up to me. She was still new to the relationship thing, and it was my job to communicate how I felt. I just wasn't sure how to causally tell her we had an ex in common and it was her co-worker that she's still friendly with.

Ultimately, it was up to me to figure it out. By that I meant I was going to let it soak into my soul until she told me about it out right on her own.

   While it got a little hard to keep things under wraps, being her aid was still the best part of my day. I got to help make her day a little easier for a period and watch her do one of the things she loved most. It was incredibly hot to see how she took control of the room but was still so gentle. I wondered if she had always taught like this, knowing how she was a completely different person in her past.

Class ended soon enough, and the students began to pile at the door waiting to be dismissed. I pretended to put things away until they had all left the room. It was just the two of us. She nodded towards the door, my cue to shut us off from the outside world and the troubles it brought with it.

She sat on her desk and crossed her legs, making her skirt rise up her thighs. I'd spent most of class drooling over how she looked with her clothes tightly hugging her body. She looked so professional and incredibly hot. I quickly made my way across the room to her, careful not to seem to eager.

I held back my laugher, knowing that what I was about to do would mess with her. "Miss Grande," it felt good to have her name leave my mouth that way again. "I don't want to fail your class. I'll do anything."

"Anything?" She teased back, leaning closer towards me.

I hadn't expected her to go along with it, and my breath got stuck in my throat when I noticed her begin to unbutton the top three buttons of her shirt.

"I'm sure I can find something you can do for extra credit."

My jaw dropped in disbelief, and I slowly made my way to her. No way we're about to do this.

Just as I was thinking this was too good to be true, there was a knock on the door. I rolled my eyes and sighed. I looked at Ariana as she laughed at me and buttoned up her shirt. "Get the door?" She requested, hopping down and going to sit behind her desk.