Chapter 22: 'Now' Ended Pretty Quickly

Monday rolled around like Sunday never existed, starting with the loud blaring of my alarm.

Nothing eventful happened on Sunday other than the date. Justin had picked me up, and he took me out on a walk. We just talked and got to know each other a little better.

He took me to the park where I had seen Ariana just a week or two before, and I ended up spending the last few minutes of the date just thinking about my relationship with her, or, lack there of. It easily ruined my mood and flooded me with guilt, so I said I wasn't feeling well and asked him to take me home. He obliged and hugged me, saying he hoped I felt better.

Everything about my situation with him made me feel riddled with guilt, so I sat there in bed instead of getting ready for school.

I liked him, obviously. A dumb person could figure that out. I liked Ariana a lot more though. I don't know how to describe it as anything other than a fascination.

She amazed me in every sense of the word. She confused me beyond belief. No matter what, she always left me wanting more. I had such an extreme interest in this woman.

All of this aggravated me. I wanted to pursue something with Ariana. I wanted to be the one she called when she didn't know which ice cream to buy, and I wanted to be at her side, wrapping her in my arms when she didn't know what to do with herself. I wanted to be there for her ups, downs, and everything in between.

Despite my wishes, none of this was possible. Sure, I was of age. Our age gap didn't bother me at all. She was what I wanted, and I was sure of that. However, she was my teacher. This was an issue so much bigger than age could ever be. She could lose her job, her entire career, and end up in jail because of me, because of what we had already done. I was willing to risk myself but not her, not everything she'd worked so hard for. I couldn't be the reason her happiness ended.

So no matter how badly I wanted this, I couldn't push her into anything she wasn't comfortable with.

That left me to think about my options with Justin. Our age gap was smaller. He was charismatic, handsome, and could make me smile. What I felt with him wasn't anything like what I felt with Miss Grande, but maybe it just has to build up over time.

I guess it was clear. Ariana didn't want a romantic relationship with me for the time being, and Justin did. I was going to be with Justin, even if it was just for now.

I sighed to myself. At least Justin could make me happy.

I got snapped out of my trance by a notification on my phone. I needed to start getting ready, so I wouldn't be late for first hour.

I checked my phone as I was grabbing breakfast. I was dressed and ready to go. The text was from justin.

————————
Justin- bold
Italics- Y/N
————————
Good morning! You feeling any better?

Good morning to you too! I feel a lot better thank you:)

That's good to hear. I didn't get a chance to tell you the good news last night.

Oh and what is that?

I got a job! I start today.

Omg congrats!! Where at?

Lincoln High
~read 8:02am~

'Now' ended pretty quickly.