Chapter 2: Scouts Honor

The rest of the day seemed to go by so slowly and all that was on my mind was Mrs. Grande. Wait- Miss Grande. Doesn't mean I'd have a chance, but it means she's single, or at least not married. Why am I thinking this? She's a teacher!

   I snapped out of my daze and looked up to Mrs. Smith ranting about how she will let us out early on Thursdays but that it wasn't an open invitation to act up in the halls. I already knew everything she was saying because she sent a letter with our schedules. I sighed and went back to my day dreaming about Ms. Grande.

   I smiled to myself until my wishful thinking was interrupted by the bell indicating that it was lunch time. I grabbed my bag and threw it over my shoulder before rushing out of the room and back to Ms. Grande's class.

   I waited in the hall for 2 minutes before I was sure the last person had left her class. I knocked lightly on the door before hearing a quiet "come in." I took a deep breath and walked in.

   "Good morning," I smiled.

   "It's actually afternoon, but hello," she chuckled.

   Fuck her laugh is so cute! "It's morning somewhere."

"Fair enough."

   "Shall we, Miss Grande?" I offered, putting my arm out and adding emphasis on the Miss.

   "We shall," she rolled her eyes with a smile and walked out of the door before turning around and holding it open for me.

   "Thank you Ma'lady," I said and bowed slightly while tipping my none existent hat.

   She laughed. "You're ridiculous." I smiled and blushed slightly before turning away to hide it.

   "So," I began to lead her through the hall. "Obviously this is the English hall."

   I ended up showing her the more important parts of the school, such as the copy room and teachers lounge and all. I gave her a general location for things that shouldn't matter as much to her as an english teacher, like the math and science halls.

   "And for our final and most important stop, the gym." I open the gym doors and lead her in.

   The gym is the biggest part of the school. There really aren't a lot of people in this school, but more than half of them are jocks. Our school prides itself in its athletics. We have people from surrounding towns coming to every game we have, whether it's a golf game or a football game.

   Her jaw dropped at how nice the gym was, and I laughed silently at how cute she was.

   "Everything is back here," I say, walking to the hallway in the back of the gym. "This is the boys locker room- I would never go in there, even if you paid me." She laughed, and I smiled to myself. "This is Mr. Johnson's office, in case you need help. This is the equipment room, you need to see inside!" I walked in and let her follow with the door slamming closed behind us.

   Her eyes light up at all of the brand new equipment and how well everything is organized. I sigh conently to myself remembering staying after school on the last week to help organize all the new things we had got.

   After a while of showing her where everything was, we walked out and continued down the hall. "This is your office." I reached for the handle and the door was unlocked. "It's unlocked now, but always make sure you keep it locked..." I paused, "...for safety reasons."

   The truth is the last gym teacher quit after one of her male students walked in without knocking while she was changing. Since it was an accident and they both reported it, neither of them got in trouble. Nevertheless, she was too embarrassed to stay and ended up moving away.

   "And now, for the best part of the tour..." I mimicked a drum roll as we walked to the girls locker room. "Here is the girls locker room, where all the cool people go." I winked at her and walked in, holding the door open for her with my arm.

"You're not that funny. You know that, right?" she said smirking.

"Sure Jan," I simply commented.

"Scouts honor," she said, holing up three fingers.

   "It would be a lot easier to give you a tour if you didn't attack my attempts to make you laugh. Just saying," I chuckled as I walked back to the mirrors above the sinks by the stalls.

"Then maybe be funny?" She jokingly suggested, shrugging her shoulders.

  I rolled my eyes, smiling to myself and choosing to ignore her comment. "Here are the stalls, always make sure there is toilet paper before you go in, the janitors aren't too good on that." She giggled and I turned away to hide my blush. "So that's pretty much it, any questions or anything else you want to know?"

"Are there any secret passages?"

I gave her a weird look, causing her to laugh again. Her laugh is so perfect. I could listen to this all day. Wait-Nonono! None of these thought.

   "Honestly, there is one. It's one only me and my friends know about. You have to promise you won't tell anyone!" I held out my pinky and she placed hers in mine. I smiled and walked away, praying she hadn't seen the crimson shade that coated my face.

   When she had touched me, I felt something. It was like a shock that coursed through my whole body. Only it didn't hurt; it felt like heaven. It left me needing more, but I knew I couldn't have any. I was a student, and she was my teacher. That's how it was going to stay.

———
reading these chapters to edit them hurts my soul. thanks for sticking on through all of this yikes