Chapter 18: Who Texted You?

After Monday, the week dragged by slowly. Hopeful glances were all that were exchanged between Miss Grande and myself. We both somewhat agreed that waiting would be best. What we wanted would put us both in danger, and neither of us were sure we were ready for an actual relationship.

   It was finally Friday, and still, she was all that was on my mind. I thought of her constantly. Not being able to have her the way I had her before was tearing me apart, but I was acting like I was fine. I couldn't read her as easily as I could read everybody else.

   She confused me, and it was frustrating.

   The more I wanted to forget about her, the more I thought about her. As the week had gone on, I never found her leaving my mind. Even my dreams were about her.

We'd go on cute dates. Even when I woke up, I'd fall asleep into another dream about her. I was never a relationship person, never a dates person. I partied and had my fun at other people's houses surrounded by people making choices just as bad as, if not worse than, my own.

With her, I had dreams of little picnics on the beach and cuddling while watching netflix. It wasn't normal. It wasn't me.

I felt like, in all actuality, my 'commitment issues' were just an excuse, a reason I used to guard myself. No, I didn't want her because I wasn't sure I could only want her, not because I was scared she wouldn't want me. That was it. Totally. No excuses here.

"Y/N!!!"

My head snapped up. Everyone was looking at me and trying to hold back their laughter. I looked up at Miss Grande and put on a fake smile.

"Yes, Miss?"

"I have been calling on you for five minutes now."

"I must have been day dreaming. You know how easy it is to let dreams take over reality sometimes. My apologies," I said.

"Stay after class." She didn't sound mad. It kind of scared me.

"Yes Miss." I sighed and put my head down. I was already in trouble of some sort, might as well just play it off. There was so much more to think about than oxymorons.

God my life is an oxymoron.

   After class people began to file out for their next class. I stayed in my seat, too drained from all of my thinking to get up.

   I kept my head down and attempted to calm my breathing.

"Y/n?"

I lifted my head just enough to look up at her.

"Are you okay?"

I sighed. "I'm peachy." I faked another smile before rolling my eyes and putting my head back down.

I understood that it was unfair for me to take out my frustration of our situation on her, but her lack of a reaction seemed to only edge on my aggravation.

I still have other classes to go to.

I sighed again and stood, gathering my stuff. Her hand gently brushed my arm as I was reaching for my lunch box. I stepped away slightly.

"I just-" the ringing of my phone cut her off.

It wasn't a call, just a text. I picked it up and checked my messages.

Stranger Danger: Still on for tonight?;)

"You, uhh, you can go," she said, walking back to her desk. She must have seen the message.

   "What were you going to say?"

   "Who texted you?"

   "Nobody. You were saying?"

   She sighed and shook her head. I took that as my sign to leave; neither of us was answering the other's question.

   I walked out without saying goodbye and quickly made it to my next class just before the late bell rang.

   Miss Grande and that random number were the only things on my mind. I couldn't figure out who it was, and it was aggravating me beyond belief.

-As on as we'll ever be
I sent back, not sure what else to say.

Stranger Danger: Be ready to go at six

-Six it is:)

   It was only second hour, and I was exhausted. This day was gonna be long.