Chapter 67

Kate Foster

'Congratulations' as soon as I read those words, my heart filled with immense happiness and my mind didn't think twice to scream that I was pregnant. I could literally hear my heartbeat. This is definitely the happiest moment of my life. I am going to be a mother. A mother. I can't believe it and my happiness now is something I could never explain. I feel... Complete. I felt my eyes tearing up and of course, I am over the moon right now. This card is from Ariana.

I looked up to see Ryan, with a look of hurt and concern hovering over his face. You are going to be a father, Ryan. I thought as I smiled at him.

"What's wrong baby? Why are you crying?" he asked as he immediately cupped my face. I started to sob as he pulled me into his embrace. His warmth soothed me. His embrace is my heaven. I then pulled off from his soothing embrace as I stood up. He mirrored my action.

"Ryan.... uh um..."I felt an overwhelming feeling inside me. I wiped my tears as I looked at him.

"Please tell me," he pleaded with longing eyes.

I went closer, and took his hands in mine. I looked straight into his eyes as I was about to tell him the best news that he could ever hear. My lips twitched into a small smile.

"You are going to be a father, Ryan. You are going to be a father," I said, tearing up again. The look on his face was the best. He was shocked to hear this. I saw his eyes welling up too. He was frozen for a moment and blinked his eyes as a teardrop flew off.

"Really?" he asked as he pulled me closer. "Yes, darling. We are having a baby." I said as I smiled at him. Tears rolled down his face as he lifted me and swung me in the air. "I am going to be a father!" he declared - yelled as he put me down. His happiness was reflected in his face. He was a smiling mess. He then cupped my face, and wiped off the tears and pulled me close till his lips found mine. It was a passionate kiss filled with love for eachother.

"You gave me the best news, Kate. Thank you so much." he said, holding my hand tightly in his, looking straight through my eyes. It was the best moment. I want to freeze this moment forever. We are complete.

"And was this in the card? Congratulations for this? And who was that from?" Ryan attacked me with questions.

After my date with Ryan yesterday, he was out as he had some urgent immediate work. I didn't mind it cause I know being a businessman isn't easy and I don't want to be that pain in the arse kind of wife who pesters her husband or fights with him because he leaves for work urgently at times. He dropped me at home like a gentleman he is and flew off to work. And as I reached home earlier than I expected, I thought of going for a walk. As I was passing by, I saw an ice cream parlour and Jason's car outside it. Ari must have been with him I thought and went to meet them as it's been more than 2 weeks since I met them last. And my mind flew back to the flashback.

Flashback

"Heyya sweet couple!" I greeted them as they were genuinely surprised to see me.

"Hey, sweetheart" said Ari and Jason passed a warm smile and said, "What a pleasant surprise, Kate."

"How are you both?" I asked as I sat beside them.

"We are awesome as ever, young lady, and now tell me what ice cream do you want?" asked Jason like a gentleman he is.

"Uh actually no. I don't need ice cream as I feel nauseous right now. Maybe the weird juice I drank at our date makes me feel like it." I said as I looked at the couple. They gave knowing stares to each other. What is it about?