Chapter 28 The truth/Arguments

Ria's Pov

Cole rests Grey down on the couch everyone gasps at how beaten he was.

"What the hell happened to him?" Lexy said kneeling down next to him with Alex on the side of her.

I was walking back and forth pacing. "How the hell did this happen?" I asked Cole.

"One of Khalil's men saw him by the door listening" Cole said as my private doctor treats Grey's wounds.

"Damn it!" I exclaim

"Ria what the hell is going on? you owe us an explanation! Who did this to grey and who the hell is Khalil?" Alex ask furiously

"Alex, chill noone knew this was gonna happen?" Blake said resting a hand on his shoulder.

"Are you guys that clueless they've been hiding stuff from us from we got here! Ria, what is your job really because you never leave the house you're in your office 24/7" Alex says angrily to my face.

"Alex, back off" Cole orders.
He steps back immidietely and mumbles a sorry to me.

"I know you're angry but please calm down I'll tell you everything" I sighed and walked into the kitchen.

I pulled out a bottle of rum and some cups. "Does anyone wants some?" I raise the bottle. They shook their heads no. Great more for me!  I poured some in a cup just in case someone decides they need it. I put the bottle to my mouth and gesture for Cole to tell them.

He gave me a 'I'm not in the mood look' I sighed and began telling them.

"So you mean to tell me you're an Italian mafia leader" Alex baffled.

Taking a big gulp from the bottle I mumbled "Yep"

Cole picks up the drink I poured for one of them and sipped it. "Wanna know anything else?" I said leaning against the counter with my eyes close.

"Who did this to grey?" Lexy said speaking up for the first time.

"It was one of Khalil's men" I sighed

"Who is that?" She asked

"He's the mafia leader of Afghanistan, we were having a meeting with him at the ball. It was strictly invited only" I said taking a seat next to grey's sleeping body.

"What don't you think if we were given a little heads up he wouldn't have been looking for you guys!" Emily exclaims

"I agree with her Ria if you would have been honest from the beginning this wouldn't have happened" blake said and Lexi nodded.

I took another whiff of alcohol and said "Sure agree with your girlfriend and glad to know my so call best friend is taking another person's side" I glared.

"I didn't tell you guys because it would've been dangerous my plan was to never go back to California after all the things that happened there" I snap

"You think I wanted grey to get hurt? I had no control over that I wasn't there! You guys can take each other's side all you want I don't give a damn" I picked the bottle up with me and walked upstairs to my room locking the door in the process.

Why can't they see things from my point of view, I didn't mean for grey to get hurt. When he wakes up tomorrow I'll have to let him go home.

Grey doesn't deserve this but it's for his safety, and I know melody's going to miss him.

******************
Cole's POV

I know what you're thinking why didn't I stand up for her? Ria has to learn that if she's gonna have them around that's she's going to have to be honest, having men watch them won't always work if they're clueless as to who to stay away from. I told her that she needed to tell grey, now look he's injured. I also understand her. the way she's looking at it she was only trying to protect them.

But leaving people in the dark puts them at risk also.

I watched her go up the stairs with the bottle, I wanted to follow her but I need to give her time to herself to think. I can't always fight her battles for her, Ria isn't weak neither stupid she knows that I'm hiding something from her but won't bring it up until she wants to, but tonight I saw fear in her during that meeting with khalil and I'll be damned if I let him take advantage of her.

When greyson gets up I'm gonna have to explain all this to him. I sighed rubbing my face. I killed that man for hurting one of my bestfriends, so that should tell you I wouldn't hesitate to kill anyone who messes with the love of my life or my daughter they should consider themselves dead.

They left quietly to their rooms I can tell Emily and lexy are a bit shaken up.

"How long?"

I didn't have to look to know who it was. "How long what?" I replied

"How long have you known my sister was a fucking mafia leader?" he angrily pushes me.

I'm not gonna fight with him.

"I've known since the day she came back California, which is the day we visited you" I said walking to the couch but he stops me by putting his hand on my shoulder making me turn to him.

I'm not gonna fight with my BESTFRIEND. I kept telling myself.

"Do you know how dangerous that is people can come after her, me, Emily lexy, Blake, our parents! Why woul-"
I cut him off.

"Look Alex" I emphasize his name. "I'm not in control over Arianna she is an adult. She chooses what she wants to do with her life just how you choose, so don't tell me why would I let her! She got herself involved from the beginning. Ria isn't weak let's not forget who was your favorite Undefeated fighter in the undergrounds" I said harshly, giving him one last glare I walked away.

She became the Italian mafia leader because she was strong not just anybody can become a mafia leader and I won't let anyone think little of her or think she can't handle it. Noone I don't care who they are!

***********************
PLEASE VOTE FOR ANOTHER CHAPTER  AND LEAVE A BLUE HEART FOR  RIA 💙 .

ONE MORE THING THE REASONS WHY IT TAKES SO LONG FOR ME TO UPDATE IS BECAUSE I DO LONG CHAPTERS SO SHOULD I DO SHORT CHAPTERS SO I CAN UPDATE OFTEN OR KEEP DOING THE LONG CHAPTERS?

Don't forget to vote💙✌🏽