Chapter 48 Suspicions

Ria's Pov

"Okay so remember the plan, when we land we will be staying at Jake's place, we can only stay there for three weeks" Khalil started giving everyone the run down

"Ria said she will be staying at her parents house for the time being, because remember she said that she saw the tattoo before meaning she most likely saw Ace and he saw her too so if he does see her he will catch on immediately"

"We will stay by Jake and tell him were visiting and need a place to crash. Josh, Alex, Grey, Ryan and I will stay by him and our men will stay in hotels, remember you guys are to stay out of site until we call you" Khalil says

"Yes sir" They said in unison

"Okay, John your Job is to stay with them and report everything back to me so I will be up to date on everything" I said and he nods.

"So what will we be doing until Ace shows up?" Carl asks

Carl is strong he's first to have John's position if anything were to happen to him

"Good question, I rented a field for you all to train away from the eyes of the public" Khalil replies

"Why are you giving us orders we don't work for you" One of my men said to Khalil.

My eye twitched

Khalil was about to reply but I spoke up "I'd advise you to watch how you're speaking to him before I throw you off this moving plane" everyone went silent both Khalil and Josh smirked.

"Need I to remind you that he has been training you, and is also an ally so ask necessary questions only" I snapped.

"And Carl you're in charge of them since John will be doing something else" with that I turn my head back and closed my eyes letting Khalil finish talk.

Khalil's Pov

I never expected that out of Ria, I mean I have heard rumors about her not tolerating disrespect they said she simply told them "I don't like to be disrespected, so as long as you don't disrespect me we'll be great"

And I'm guessing since I've never disrespected her she put that guy in his place.

Yesterday I talked to Ria I told her about my suspicions about Cole.

Recap of their conversation:

"Ria tomorrow is the day we leave for California and I need to talk to you" I spoke

She nods and sat in the chair" I'm listening" she smiled

I don't even know how to tell her this without it seeming disrespectful

"I've been having my suspicions about Cole" I started and I see her look at me confused.

"Okay..." she said waiting for me to explain.

"Okay, he told you that he was the mafia leader of California right?" I ask

She nods "Yes he told me that, can you get to the point" she said wanting to know my reason for this conversation.

"What if it's not true" she frowns

"What do you mean by that? Why would he lie" she said looking offended

Damn she really is a ride or die girlfriend, I'll just have to stop beating around the bush and hit her with it.

"Look have you ever thought as to why he never says anything in the meetings have you notice?, it's like he's not even there"

"Yeah you're right I have notice that" she says putting her hand under her chin and looks up "but what does that got to do with him being suspicious?"

"You remember that time when you said y'all just started dating two months ago after not seeing each other for four years" I said looking at her

She nods

"Okay, so tell me what could he have been doing in that large amount of time, think we all know that you can't just control one of the state you have to control all" I said looking at her as she process all of this.

"He has been lying to you from the beginning when yall met back in California did he say why he became a mafia leader??" I asked.

She wanted to know my reasons, now I'm giving it to her. I know Ria is not dumb. She couldn't become an italian mafia if she was, so I know she had to sense something off, different, or weird going on with him.

"Uh he said that he became one to find me" she mumbles looking down.

Wait what? I heard from Josh that she left all her family back in California but he actually used that lame excuse.

"Okay think Ria, why would someone become a gang leader.....Just to find a missing person? No way, even if that person is special to them, it's a little bizarre don't you think"

She nods. She nods again and again
"Now that I think about it, Its really fucking bizarre. Why not just file a missing report and have a search party like normal people" she says

"Exactly, I'm thinking something happened during those four years you were gone but what and is he somehow related to the U.S mafia?"

"That's what we gotta find out, this what we'll do. I'll stay by my parents and go to his house back in cali to see if I could find anything on his family or during the past four years" she says

"Yeah because he erased his whole background, it's like he doesn't exist. and I'll tell everyone that you're staying by your parents for another reason"

"Wow I don't even know what to say, for now until were sure what's really going on let's keep him out of this" she says

"I was thinking the samething I wanted to ask you not to let Cole know about this mission were going on, but I knew if that were to happen I had to tell you my reasons why" I said and she nods

"I'll tell him were going Mexico for a mission and let him watch Melody" she says putting her face in her hands.

There's more I wanted to ask her but it will have to wait, the things that I told her already is too much for her she doesn't need to hear anything else right now

End of recap

Everything is all set, once we could get Cole to talk maybe just maybe he will lead us closer to Ace.

"We are now landing in Los Angelos California" finally

I'm making it sound like it'll be easy to catch that dude or get Cole to talk.

Ace watch your back I'm coming for you

***********************
HEY EVERYONE, REMEMBER I SAID THAT I WONT BE ABLE TO UPDATE HOW I USUALLY DO SINCE I HAVE SCHOOL WELL DUE TO COVID I HAVE TWO DAYS OUT OF THE WEEK TO GO IN PERSON AND THE REST ONLINE AND I ACTUALLY WROTE THIS WHOLE CHAPTER OFF MY PHONE BECAUSE I'M TOO LAZY TO GET MY LAPTOP.

Anyway please vote and leave a blue heart💙 for Ria, a white heart🤍 ⚪for Khalil and a red heart ❤for Cole.

Things are about to get litt🥳🥳🥳

Don't forget to vote