Dinner With The Evers

Okay so I know it's been like FOREVER since I uploaded and I'm terribly sorry about that but I just couldn't find any ideas but then I got like a lot more viewers so that's why I'm doing this right now. Also since it's been so long I'm gonna put in a recap which I normally don't do. But it's more like a summary. I love you guys!! Oh and also, the dance competition mentioned isn't real.

_________________________________________________

Recap:

So in the last chapter, Alex takes Rose to the top of the Malibu Mountains. They kiss there and he finally asks her out after a year of silently crushing on her. Jade and Noah are really happy to hear this and Jade is so happy she hugs Noah, which only makes him cockier. When she gets to dance class she finds out that they have a project and she gets paired with Noah, of course. The dance form they have to use is break dancing. Noah is happy to see Jade so shocked and soon to be angry.

--------------------------------------------------------------

One and Only

Chapter Five-Dinner With The Evers

Do teachers just like putting the names Jade and Noah together? Well I guess there is a ring to it...No! What the heck am I thinking? He is a no-no. You go with him and you heart ends up shattered into a million pieces. Do you want that? Wow, now I am talking to myself.

"Oh! I almost forgot to assign you guys the themes of your dances. It should be telling a story." Ms. Daisy said, "One person from each pair come up here and choose a piece of paper from the hat. And whatever is written inside will be your theme. This project is a major part of your grade for this semester. So, don't screw up. Also, the pair that I think does the best will get to participate in the annual dance competition held for all high schools here in Santa Monica. Everyone good luck!" There was a dance competition for all high schools in Santa Monica? I'll just ask Noah about it.

"Hey Noah?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"What dance competition was she talking about?"

"It happens every year. Two kids, boy and girl, from each high school get to go to the competition. It only has one round in which you either win, or lose." Wow, it actually sounds fun!

"Wow! That sounds like fun! What's the prize?"

"$1,000 each and a full scholarship to any university you want to go to." That sounds amazing! If I-we win, my mom does not have to worry about my college fees!

"We should really try win!" I knew I had a really big grin on my face.

He smiled wide too and looked at me strangely, with an expression that I could not quite place on him...like he was actually, truly happy and not faking it. He had a serene expression on his face, it suited him a lot better than his usual cocky one.

"Yeah but we need to know our theme first. Then we can work on the winning."

"Right! Maybe you should pick; I have horrible luck."

He shrugged. "Okay."

I watched him as we went to the hat and picked a piece of paper. He looked at it and smirked. Uh-oh, this is bad, really bad; I just know it.

"Guess I forgot to mention that I have bad luck too." he said, giving me the piece of paper. I swallowed and opened it, hesitating a little. It had three words that would soon completely change how see each other, especially how I saw him. 'A love story' is what the piece of paper said. Not even a tragedy or anything. Now I know what you are thinking, love is not a hard theme. Well it is if your partner is anything like Noah.