Broken

Hey, hey, hey!!! First of all, I wanna thank you all for helping me reach over 1,000,000 reads!!!!!!!! Thank you soooo much!!! You have no clue how thankful I am!!! :D second of all, I wanted to thank all the new fans for fanning and all the old one's for sticking around. :) I also wanna thank all my readers and voters and commenters!! (aren't I just in a thankful mood?) BUT seriously, if it weren't for every single one of you, I wouldn't have made it this far, so I truly am grateful. :D

Besides that, cover on the side is by BrambleBriar! Thanks! :D And my new cover is also my them!!

And unfortunately, there's not much of this story left. Only a few more chapters...like 3, maybe 4 at the most. But after that, I have to rewrite the first chapters since they honestly sucked more than just bull. Like really, what was up with all the "I's"?

And I'm sorry to those of you who hate it when POV's keep changing a lot, but it's necessary in this chapter.

And to the chapter...

______________________________________

One and Only

Chapter Thirty-Four - Broken

"So," Emily looked at Rose and I in turn with a raised eyebrow, "I was thinking that since the boys are going out, we'd have a girl's night out, too?"

Rose answered with an excited, "That'll be fun!" at the same time I cheerily said, "Where are we going?"

"Hmm," Emily replied, rubbing her chin in a phony thoughtful way, "I don't know."

My brain hummed to the joy coursing through my body as I thought of an excellent idea. It was something I hadn't done since I came here. "How about we go bowling?" I asked, enthusiastically.

They're faces lit up before Emily's fell. "But I can't bowl," she said, her mouth was a thin frown as she drew little circles on my sober bedspread with her fingers.

"That's okay!" Rose exclaimed, "It's just a game."

After Emily agreed, albeit a little reluctantly, we were set to go.

"Can I please drive?" I yelled, elongating the please, "Please? I haven't driven my car in so long!"

"Okay! Okay!" Rose put her hands up, "No need to beg, I'm amazing enough to let you drive."

I raised my eyebrow and looked at her, "You've been hanging around Alex for way too long."

"No," Rose said calmly, but with a tinge of defensiveness in her voice, "he's simply made my inner awesomeness come out."

Emily nodded her head sarcastically, "Uh huh."

"What?" Rose cried, "I am awesome!" she turned to me with her large, pale blue eyes, "Aren't I, Jade?"

I smiled reassuringly, "Of course you are, Rosie-pie."

"No," she frowned, "cool people don't have nicknames that end in pie." she pauses for a second before saying, "Or cake for that matter."

"Hey! Cupcake is a very cool nickname!" I objected.

"Yeah, yeah, sweet-cheeks, keep moving. We want to get to the bowling alley before it gets dark." Rose exaggerated highly. The sun was still high behind the vapor-thin clouds, shining brightly from beside the light blue sky.

The moment my hands curled around the steering wheel of my baby, I was at peace. My heart soared from the joy of being able to drive my own car again. I closed my eyes and sighed contentedly as I waited for Emily and Rose to file into it. I inhaled, the faint lilac freshener mingled with the scent of leather filled my nostrils.