Nerves Suck

Surprise! I said I'd upload tomorrow, but I uploaded a day early! I am so proud! This is the shortest time ever taken to upload!

But anyway, thank you for commenting and voting! I loved every comment!! :D They all mean a whole lot to me!!

And one more thing: I WILL CLEARLY SAY WHEN THIS WHOLE STORY IS OVER!!!!

You know, if you guys read my rants, I wouldn't have to repeat the same things every chapter. That wasn't supposed to be bitchy, just saying. :)

Anyway, the cover's link: http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x385/XxCupCakesRockXx/67520_thumbyu.jpg. (also in external link) It's by xxCupcakeForYouxx!! Thank you! :D

The pic to the side is of Jade's dress at the comp. :D

This chapter is short, and probably a little boring cause it's just a filler chapter. I just wanted to get this out of the way. :)

______________________________________

One and Only

Chapter Thirty-One - Nerves Suck

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my-" My nervous rant was abruptly cut off by Noah's irritated, yet smooth voice.

"Calm down, Cupcake. Don't fret over it."

"How can I not fret?" I screamed. "It's tomorrow!"

"So?" he asked nonchalantly.

"What do you mean so? Aren't you even the littlest bit nervous?" I asked, slightly agitated that he could be so cool while I was practically having a nervous breakdown.

"I'm Noah," he said, as if that prompt answer explained it all.

"Your point being?" I asked, with a slightly raised eyebrow.

"I don't get nervous." his voice was velvety and hysteria free, contradicting my mood.

I rolled my eyes. Of course. Forever overconfident.

"You want me to kiss your nerves away?" he asked, his voice very suggestive.

Yes, please. I mentally shook my head out of the gutter and glared at him, "Of course not."

"You know you want me to."

Yes, I really do. "No, I don't." That was a little too defensive.

He leaned in closer to me and whispered seductively into my ear, "But, I'm irresistible."

"N-no, you're n-not." my firm negotiation went down the drain.

He chuckled deeply, his chest rumbling. Tingles ran down my spine at the wonderful sound. Oh, the things he makes me feel.

"L-let's just practice. The competition's tomorrow. We have to be absolutely perfect!" I exclaimed, my nerves starting to catch up to me again. Or should I say my nerves for the competition came back?

"If it makes you feel better." Noah shrugged.

I wish I had gotten even an ounce of his self-assurance. Maybe I wouldn't be such a nervous wreck.

[*]

"Can I please, please, please pack your bag?" Rose begged me.

"Why?" I asked, exasperated.

"Because!"

"That's not a reason!"

"Just let me." she whined.

I sighed, my resolve slightly swaying at her perseverance.

"Come on, if I pack, you can practice more," she said while lightly punching my right arm.