Epilogue (Part One)

An epilogue! You guys finally got what you wanted! This part's going in Jade's POV and the next'll be in Noah's. :)

______________________________________

One and Only

Epilogue (Part 1)

§Jade§

I inhaled the sweet cherry blossom scent and relaxed further into Noah's arms. I hadn't been here in so long, but it was still that enchanting, that exquisite.

Looking up into Noah's shimmering dark blue eyes, that resembled the lake almost identically, I smiled. It was amazing how still looking at him made my heartbeat increase, touching him still caused tingles, kissing him still ignited sparks, and loving him was still the most wonderful feeling.

I reached my head up to kiss him as I gently pushed us down so that we were laying rather than sitting on the soft grass. Pulling away, he caressed my face and stroked my hair, looking at me with so much love and affection that I wanted to cry from such a joyous feeling.

"I love you," I murmured quietly and dug my face into his shoulder as he pulled me tighter, "so much."

I heard the mischievous smile in his voice as he replied, "I love you more."

"Nu-Uh!" I looked up at him incredulously, "That's impossible!"

"Maybe, but it's also impossible for you to love me more than I love you," Noah pointed out.

"Then I guess we love each other equally," I concluded and lay my head back on his shoulder, gazing up at the sprinkled stars in the sky.

I clung to him tighter, overjoyed to be here with him. I have learned that no matter how much you hide from love, deceive it, or run from it...love will find you. It will ensnare you in its trap, but you'll find yourself wanting to be trapped and never freed. That was the beauty of it. Love was a magnificently glorious thing that made you wonder why ever considered it to be stupid and cheesy.

"Cupcake?" Noah asked.

"Hmm?" I murmured.

"You wanna go skinny dipping?"

I sat upright and stared at him, bewildered. "Right now?" I exclaimed. "It's kind of cold..."

"Which'll make it that much better," he said and got up. "C'mon." he held his hand out to me and I took it with slight reluctance.

Noah stripped and jumped in. "Come in!" he shouted and waved his hand.

I shook my head.

"It's not that bad," Noah said, trying to convince me.

"Fine, Loverboy. But you have to look away," I answered sternly.

"You're still shy, Cupcake? We've been together for five years now!" And somehow you still make me weak at the knees whenever we kiss.

"Just look away, Loverboy."

"Fine," he sighed exaggeratedly and turned in the direction of the moon, which deliciously outlined his figure.

Taking my clothed off, I slowly started making my way over to him, trying to be as silent as possible. I tried to muffle the shiver creeping up my spine from the chilly, silver water.

Squatting a little to gain momentum so I could jump on him, he abruptly turned around. He picked me up around my waist and slammed me into the water, completely drenching me. I laughed, despite being under water, while kicking my feet to get him wet, too.

My breath had been gone for quite awhile, but I'd been too happy to notice until he pulled back above surface. I gasped and giggled loudly in unison as he pulled me closer until our noses and foreheads made contact. "Did you honestly think you could sneak up on me?" he whipered flirtatiously as he pushed my body to his, closer still.

I nodded, continuing to grin. "It's not like I haven't before," I pointed out.

He smiled, revealing his dimples and heart-stopping grin. "You're so beautiful," he murmured, stroking my cheek with his knuckles. I closed my eyes, smiling and letting the sparks soar erratically inside of me. "I love everything about you; your smile, your personality, your inner beauty, your radiating warmth, your...everything. Every second I spend with you makes me fall more in love. And no matter how long I'm with you, it's never enough." He got down on his knee. The moonlit water swirled leisurely around him, upto his chest. His brown hair was lined with silver and his eyes transformed into metallic blue pools. He held out a twinkling ring as he confidently asked, "Jade Maria Harrison, will you marry me and be mine forever?"

My heart skipped way too many beats to count and all I could do was stare at him. I did that for a few moments until my helplessly stupid brain ordered me to nod my head and say "yes". However, once I started, I couldnt stop. "Yes, yes, yes, yes," I whispered as he slipped the wet ring onto my finger and encircled me in his arms.

Wrapping my arms around his neck, I hugged him as tight as I could and he was doing the same. Pulling back, I kissed him.

One thought passed through my mind: Mine. Only mine.

--|§|--

I know it's short, but epilogues aren't very long. But next one will be in Noah's POV. :D

How'd you like it? Let me know! Vote if you want. :)

Read WritersHorizon's story Under The Same Moon! It's amazing! Give it a shot! :D

Song of the Upload:

Chase Our Love by Chris Brown

Quote of the Upload:

"Love with your heart, not your eyes." -Drake

VOTE/FAN/COMMENT