Food Fight!

I'm really making an effort in uploading faster! I'm thinking maybe I should use She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5 instead of Zero Gravity by David Archuleta. What do you think? Please tell me? It would be immense help. :) I'm so indecisive. Video of to side! Listen to song! Hopefully it works.

_________________________________________________

One and Only

Chapter Eight-Food Fight!

It took me a second to realize she tricked me and another to realize I was falling into my worst fear. And in those two unbelievably slow seconds, I was already drowning. I can not swim, I have never been able to get over my fear of water. That is why I do not take cold showers; it makes me feel like I am drowning.

I let out a scream before I hit the water, but it came out strangled and I was not sure if anyone heard it or not. I started flailing my arms around in an attempt to not drown. It was just my luck to have fallen in the deep side, too.

"Help!" I screamed.

I heard a 'sh*t' before I felt a huge splash. After a few more torturous seconds, I was engulfed in strong arms, Noah. I relaxed into them, feeling safer than ever. I was still breathing deeply though.

He carried me out of the pool bridal-style and he walked us over to a pool chair. He sat down with me on his lap. I clung to him, shivering. He wrapped a towel around me and I instantly felt warmer.

I shot a glare at Keri. I know she did not know that I could not swim, but there was no reason for her to push me in.

That was so close! I do not like being in water! I am so thankful Noah saved me!

I wrapped my arms around Noah's neck and hugged him closer. I felt his arms tighten around my waist, pulling me closer.

"Thank you." I mumbled into his neck while inhaling his scent. It was strangely calming.

I pulled away after a while and Noah looked at Keri through narrowed eyes.

"Get out Keri." Noah growled.

"Why?! I'm your girlfriend!" She said it like it was the most important thing in the world.

"Not anymore." Noah replied. I was surprised. Just because I almost drowned, he would break up with her? Plus they have only been dating since lunch today!

"You're gonna break up with me over HER?! I bet she was pulling a stupid drowning act! She's just a jealous b*tch!"

Now I was truly angry; she not only pushes me into the swimming pool and almost KILLS me, but she thinks I'M the b*tch?!

"Get out. I don't like girls who are b*tches to my friends." Friend? He thinks of me as a friend? I did not realize that. Reflecting on that, I look at him as a friend too.

"You will regret this. And when you realize you want me back, you know where I am." This girl has no dignity whatsoever! She is practically begging him to take her back! I tried to laugh but I started coughing instead.

She left and Noah sighed, "Are you okay Cupcake?" He asked me softly cupping my face for a few seconds before letting go.

I smiled, "I'm fine Loverboy." He smiled back.

"You can't swim?"

"No. I never learned how to."

He smiled widely. "I can teach you!"

I grinned too. "Really?" My smile faltered. "But I'm really scared of water."

"How come?"

"Because I almost drowned when I was a kid. I was kind of stupid, though, to lean over and try to touch it. Instead, I fell in and no one really noticed. And then my uncle saw me and saved me. It took about an hour to wake me up."