08 Cupid - Worth.

Mark and Donghyuck's relationship goes on the rocky road. (or so they think)

—————————————

Mark sometimes wondered how far Donghyuck was going to push Taeyong's limits in terms of "keeping their relationship private, and strictly limited to the dorms".

It hadn't been easy keeping this whole thing from their stylists, whom had kindly decided to keep their mouths shut about the whole issue regarding the love bite on Mark's body.

There was the show with NCT Dream, where Donghyuck had decided it would be the best choice to volunteer himself for a kiss on the cheek from his loving boyfriend. Donghyuck had initally told a very concerned Doyoung and Taeyong that it was all for the fun of it, although Mark doubt anyone bought it.

However, Mark's instincts proved him right when Donghyuck confessed to him as they were cuddling on his bed that his intentions weren't that pure after all, and Mark learnt on that day that his boyfriend's jealousy radar was off the charts.

There was more when once, Donghyuck had tried to sneak a kiss in their changing room just moments before their stage had begun. Mark had somehow managed to lose his earpiece minutes before they had to go on, and Donghyuck had been so kind as to go with him to the back to find a new one.

What Mark didn't know, was that the younger had other plans as he was pulled into a intense liplock session as the storage door shut. Mark couldn't lie that he hadn't enjoyed it, but it was rather awkward to say the least.

Especially when their manager had been the one to open the door to find them in a semi-initimate position, which Donghyuck brushed off quickly as he teased Mark and handed him the earpiece.

It had been a quick save from Donghyuck's wit, and Mark couldn't be more grateful. It was later revealed again that Donghyuck had taken the earpiece, but was planning on returning it after his plans were complete.

Mark had known what a relationship entailed from the start. He knew the friendship that he had initially sustained with Donghyuck was going to change, be it for the better or for worse, it would only develop with time.

He had known a relationship meant trust and acceptance, as well as love to keep it going, especially with their current schedules and restrictions as fresh debuts. The initial attraction was only one part of the long road they would be travelling on in the future.

He liked the parts that changed with Donghyuck and him. He loved how he could hold Donghyuck's hand without thinking about what the other would think, how only he could see Donghyuck's certain special expressions.

He loved how he woke up to the sunlight cascading over the cheeks and nose of his significant other, or how they could sit on the bed and talk for hours and hours, and never get bored.

He loved every single inch of Donghyuck, from the way he spoke to his laugh, even to the way his eyes and brows shifted as his moods changed.

He loved the way Donghyuck would curl up to him when he was cold, how he took his coffee or tea, how he treated others with such sincerity that even Mark felt pride swelling in him.

But most importantly, he loved Donghyuck's presence, which meant the warmth next to him in the bed, the lingering touches outside the dorms which could not last as well as the little pecks on his cheeks before he went to bed.

He had tried to speak to Donghyuck about the matter, because it was rather concerning with the fact that they could be caught, and frankly speaking, Mark hadn't wanted to get the golden opportunity to speak to their managers or especially the directors about the issue.