02 Cupid - Closer.

Donghyuck needs help from Mark, and they develop from unexpected circumstances.

———————————

Step Three: Getting to Know One Half of the Story (For Both of Them)

Days past since the incident with Jaehyun, and Mark had no idea he would be venturing into the next portion of Operation Cupid until he stumbled upon Donghyuck in his room. Having freshly taken a shower, Mark stepped into his room, only to discover a certain someone sitting on the chair next to where Jaehyun and his bed were.

The only problem was, the same someone was holding an English textbook, as he almost seemed passed out next to the bed frame. Mark only snickered at the sight, as he attempted to shake the other one awake.

"Oi, Haechan." Mark called, as the younger one didn't stir. Mark could only increase the volume of his words, this time using the younger's birth name instead.

"Donghyuck? Wake up." Mark pressed his hands to the younger's face, shaking him in hopes that he would awaken.

No such luck, but the younger started muttering what was heard to be a series of protests and pleas for him to sleep longer.

"Wake up Donghyuck! At least sleep on my bed if you were going to do this!" Mark grumbled, but wasn't truly annoyed as he came a concerned look to the stirring boy.

As Donghyuck finally regained his attention, the two boys had finally realised the proximity between their faces and started to back away with an awkward grin smeared on each of their faces.

Donghyuck's face was especially embarrassed, as he looked away from Mark for a few seconds as he replied.

"Sorry, you just took so long. You called me to come here at 9:30, hyung. It's,"

Donghyuck paused for a moment to glance up at the time.

"10:30."

"Sorry Donghyuck, I was busy doing some work."

"The 10 pm rule for minors, hyung." Donghyuck playfully chided, but in reality it was more of a reminder than anything.

Mark ran his fingers through his wet hair as Donghyuck continued, but his voice seemed to trail off at the sight of him.

"As I was saying, before you so nicely told me to come to discuss Englis... Wait, why is your hair wet?" Donghyuck ran through his hair jokingly.

The boys looked at each other with shy liking, as Mark continued. "I took a shower."

"Well, your hair looks nice when its down." Donghyuck replied casually, but seemed to withdraw his remark as Mark looked at him.

"I mean your hair usually looks good, hyung, it's just different. And different is good."

He gave a smile to Mark as if to end that awkward statement, and Mark couldn't blame him. He simply raised an eyebrow, but just figured this reaction was from the fact he was suddenly awoken by him that he didn't have the urge to care much more about it.

"Anyways, hyung, I was having a bit of trouble regarding this English assignment, and well-"

"You need my help?" Mark raised his tone slightly, and Donghyuck simply nodded.

"Okay, let me read the assignment." Mark let the book fall on the table, as he asked Donghyuck to casually scoot over by the chair for him to get a glimpse of it.

Their thighs brushed, and he heard what sounded like a squeal or at least a sound escaping from the singer's lips.

"Are you.. okay?" Mark didn't seem like it, but he was really concerned. He wondered if Donghyuck was coming down with something.