Cupid - Rise and Fall 2/3.

Mark came back faster than he would have thought he would. The whole group had went for barbecue, just a couple blocks away from the company building, but Mark thought it would be best to go back and check on Donghyuck.

All through the meal, he wondered if Donghyuck was okay, if he had eaten or stopped rehearsing like he promised.

Mark thought otherwise, and once finishing the meat that his hyungs had put on his plate, he politely excused himself, saying he had to go back to study for an upcoming test, but in reality the conveinience store was about to close and he needed to get Donghyuck at least a microwavable meal for dinner.

As he left the store, he headed straight for the cafeteria, hoping to see a familiar sight there. On the way, he greeted a few of his seniors and staff members he recognised, but he never caught sight of the person he needed to.

The weight of the plastic bag dawned on him, and for once he was glad he was being worried.

Taking the stairs to the second storey, he headed straight for the practice room. As he saw the flickering lights, he knew something was up.

Pushing open the door, one thing was revealed - Donghyuck was still there, and he didn't look good.

As Donghyuck caught sight of the older, his mouth gasped as his eyes went wide. Rushing to turn off the music, he sputtered, looking flabbergasted, but at the same time terribly wrecked.

Mark wanted to lash out, to question why he was still here, but he couldn't find any nerve in him that compelled him to do it.

But just the sheer sight of Donghyuck got him flustered and feeling odd. How Donghyuck's eyes were rimmed with dark eye circles, or the weight loss as he saw the circumference of his waist become smaller, or maybe it was the feeling of emptiness that made matters worse.

It was as if Donghyuck was no longer human, just a hollow shell which worked mechanically. That stung, but not as much as the fact that Donghyuck was indeed hiding something from him, clenched deep within his fist like a secret that he would never share.

What caught Mark's attention was more of the white pill that Donghyuck had definitely swallowed a few moments before he stepped in.

Mark started out passive, hoping the younger would be honest.

"I bought you dinner."

Donghyuck seemed to let down his guard.

"Oh, thanks. I'm not very hungry, it's okay."

"Please don't lie to me. You haven't eaten for the whole day. Just be honest with me," Mark started out, but he could see the conflict in the other's eyes.

"What is going on?"

"I told you, nothing to worry about, I finished working on my part and now I don't really have an appetite so let's go back-" Donghyuck said, sing-song like, but Mark couldn't take anymore excuses.

With the state he was in, it was too much for Mark to believe, and for his sake he had to confront him about it.

"What was that pill then?" Mark asked, trying to be discreet, hoping once more Donghyuck would just be honest, and they wouldn't have to argue about it, yet why did he expect anything?

Donghyuck's face paled, but he still murmured back,

"I don't know what you are talking about, unless you are talking about my vitamins then-"

"I'm not, I saw you Hyuck." Mark resigned, disappointed.

"I saw you with my very eyes and I am not going to lie to you and said I didn't see the name of that pill bottle either." The voice of Mark seemed to crack, exhausted.