04 Cupid - Faith.

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach - proven by both Mark and Donghyuck.

————————————

He didn't understand how feelings could be so hard to deal with until that day. Mark did realise he was deteriorating, he barely left the dorm unless he needed to, which was to stand on a stage in front of people and perform or for practices.

He ate and slept as usual, it was almost routine like, but it was only for the fact if he didn't, he would be slacking off and something he still had in him was the pride of being in this group, and in no means was he going to jeopardise his role, especially being the new leader of the newest unit.

He wondered how he could continue to smile on that stage so brightly. He could have slept the whole day and night, but on stage he would still feel that he lacked lust in his performance. No matter how much practice he put in, his movements felt sloppy and rigid, often never in sync with the others or with the music.

He had already been used to the scoldings and dirty looks his dance teacher gave him, and he knew the boys weren't trying to purposely make him feel worse, but the silence from them seemed as if it was already a given that he was a failure.

The worst part about it was he was condoned to spend all his time with the person whom had caused all of this. Mark didn't want to blame him for it, but the reality was that he had to see his pretty little face every single living, breathing moment he spent awake.

The worst part was probably that now since NCT U and NCT 127 weren't as active as the new NCT Dream unit, their schedules were always synced up, and the fact he was the oldest in the group wasn't the best thing that fate could have done, considering he had to be the 'hyung', the one who was setting the example for the members to follow, however he was the one who needed the most help.

It didn't help that Donghyuck had been so desperately trying to get to know what was going on. There had been times Donghyuck had purposefully stood outside his door to hopefully get an opportunity to talk to him, but with the help of Jaehyun, Mark had managed to escape that.

Then there was the time he had purposefully made Jeno swap places with him so he could sit next to Mark, but Mark made a consensus decision to sit next to their manager instead with the excuse that he was called to do so, but from one look at Donghyuck's gaze he knew Donghyuck didn't believe it for one bit.

Mark almost didn't get away the last time when Donghyuck cornered him in his own very room to ask about what was happening. Mark wished he hadn't caught himself staring at Donghyuck's beautiful eyes and the curve of his jaw as he spoke.

Time almost seemed to stop as the following weeks past. Mark hadn't had any motivation to do anything at this point of time, besides stay in his room and think about what his life was reduced to. How a single starry eyed boy with big dreams and a lovely smile could affect him so much, especially how the events turned out to be.

Mark knew that Donghyuck had been going out much more frequently than usual, and he had at least half a brain to know who he was going to meet.

He heard a rap on his door before Donghyuck burst through the door, waking in as he grabbed Mark's hand and pulled him up. Mark almost felt like a rag doll, and didn't put up any resistance as Donghyuck set up him to sit comfortably on his bed.