Cupid - New Beginnings 3/3.

"Do you want to get ice-cream?" Haeyeon asked, gesturing towards the ice-cream parlour a few blocks away.

Mark only mumbled a simple 'sure', as she guided him towards the store. The hand in Mark's felt a little odd, considering that he usually wasn't one to initiate affection of any kind, but after what happened with Donghyuck, he did try to learn from it.

He knew it gave Haeyeon a little sense of security, seeing as she practically would melt at his every touch, so he felt better knowing that he was making her feel better.

This hadn't been the first time the two had been to the ice-cream parlour, but nonetheless Mark always felt out of place. Haeyeon wasn't bad company, in fact Mark had learnt so much more about her over the course of the few weeks.

She was pretty interesting, and it showed, just like how she had been talking to him about what happened to her friends and her over the course of the summer holidays, and it was one story Mark would probably never forget.

As they snagged a booth next to the window, Mark was in the midst of laughing so hysterically that people around were looking, but that seemed to egg the two one as they continued their noisy banter.

Haeyeon was nothing short of a person, but still it didn't really fall in place, but he figured it was due to how he was unfamiliar with the girl in the past.

Just as per normal. the servers here came to get their orders, before leaving the two again. There never seemed to be an awkward silence between them, as they sat comfortably, waiting for each other to make a move.

Mark was still grabbing onto her hand, and the realisation of it made him a little flustered. He decided to speak up, talking about his life after debut, in which led to many more laughs and chatter. Just when Mark was getting to the climax of his story, there was a jingle at the door, and he saw familiar flashes of red and silver.

He couldn't help but notice the two. Despite them wearing face masks, he could still see a prominent portion of their face. He recognised Donghyuck immediately, besides the shirt he was wearing which looked eerily similar to one he bought a few weeks ago, he could see his eyes which somehow didn't have the same shine to them as before.

He wore a simple black beanie, but there were still strands of brightly dyed red hair sticking out from it. His muscles hugged the fabric of his shirt, considering that Mark was of a smaller frame than him, so it made perfect sense. Yet, of course, judging from the other boy, it was quite easy to tell that the two were not on good terms.

They weren't holding hands, which was a first for Mark, as they quickly made their way to the booth behind Mark's. They didn't speak, and frankly Mark could tell they hadn't noticed him which was strange, as he had been literally staring at them so obviously. Maybe they were used to it.

"Hey, I see someone I know outside, I'll be back in a while." Haeyeon interrupted his train of thought.

She quickly left, turning the corner out of the door to speak to another girl. As he nodded to acknowledge and was about to turn to the comforts of his phone, suddenly there was a voice which sounded from behind.

"So, should we just get this over and done with?" The clarity and depth of the tone made it obvious it was Jinwoo.

Oh no.