Cupid - Rise and Fall 3/3.

<Hyuckie> 13:05:

Don't worry, hyung. Ate it up ;)

Mark couldn't help but smile to himself.

<Mark> 13:10:

Who said I was worried?

A reply came soon enough.

<Hyuckie> 13:13:

You always worry, don't do it you'll die early.

<Mark is typing...>

<mark>: 13:15:

Ah, just like the devil. Brat.

<Hyuckie is typing...>

<Hyuckie> 13:18:

You love me anyways.

Mark was about to press the send button, but he never did.

<Mark>: 13:19:

I always have. And always will.

———————————

Mark always prided himself on being a light sleeper. Sure, it had its pitfalls, but it was always beneficial in one way or another. And this time it was no exception.

The first voice he heard sounded strangely familiar. It was one of the members, definitely, but he couldn't really make out who it was.

There had been a small beam of light streaming through the crack of the door, as Mark peered closer.

Upon closer inspection, he also noticed it wasn't just one voice, but numerous voices outside, and Donghyuck was nowhere to be found.

"Donghyuck, why couldn't you just tell us?" That was the first sentence Mark could hear clearly.

With the accentuated accent, he could tell it wasn't one of the Korean members, but it sounded pretty close to Ten's voice.

There was no reply, but someone else spoke up. It was muffled, but Mark could make out the meaning of the sentence anyways.

"Guys, don't pressure him, maybe he has his reasons."

Donghyuck's voice was clear to Mark.

"It's really hard to explain this. I... I..." More murmurs from the rest, before someone else spoke up.

"Then why did you do it in the first place? We all love you, Donghyuck, you should know that."

"It doesn't matter, does it? No one seemed to give a shit until you saw the nutritionist assignments in my room.

And now you drag me out here at two a.m to give me some lecture on loving myself. Don't you dare say I never tried. It's easy when all of you look like that."

There was a stagnant pause.

"I don't really want to get in an argument over this. I'm eating fine now and I really didn't need this."

The silence was deafening, and even Mark could feel it. He never realised how fast his heart was pounding and how he had been holding his breath in the whole time.

There were still noises, however Mark could hear footsteps coming back to the room. He said nothing, merely pretending that he hadn't woken up and continued to shut his eyes.