10 Cupid - New Beginnings 1/3.

Mark's heart knew what it meant when he woke up alone. It wasn't even any debatable matter, nor was it anything he was surprised by. It was spelt out, crystal clear, yet there was something that made him wish it wasn't so.

He knew it like how he knew his raps back to back, reciting them by rote. He knew it like how he knew the Cherry Bomb dance routine, by heart.

But most importantly, he knew the outcome would be like this, just like the way he knew Donghyuck's each and every quirk, the look he had on his face as he smiled a certain kind of way, or the mannerisms which could only be described as adorable to Mark. He knew what Donghyuck wanted to convey easily, and he knew he had to accept it.

They both felt the same way towards each other, but both had their differences. Both of them had a push and pull relationship, no doubt, but there were walls and obstacles in their way.

Donghyuck and Mark both knew it clearly, and they knew it was because of these little things that stopped them. However, it was not like they never tried, they both did, but the longing for each other wasn't enough to break through.

Was it Mark's fault? He had wished it was, and then that way he could do something about it, but relationships were a two way thing, and so he let time do what it did best, heal things.

Donghyuck and him were back to normal, after all they were still childhood friends who grew up together, so there was far too many memories and feelings between them that would patch them back together like a jigsaw puzzle.

It even got easier, they would joke around just like normal, even exchange simple touches and crack a few jokes. Donghyuck regained his old personality, and that comforted Mark.

His heart no longer felt as heavy, but certainly there was still a wound, one which he expected would take longer to heal.

But they coped. Mark worked more on his rap and music production, and Donghyuck did the same with his vocals. Sooner or later, it became less about them, less about whatever their relationship was about, less about their own personal feelings and emotions, less about any of it.

Yet again, music drew them back together. Countless practices on We Young forced them back together, the come back stages, interviews, fan meetings, it was almost like reality was playing tricks with him.

He didn't know either he was more grateful or upset, but either way, he gained a little bit of Donghyuck back into his life again.

It was like rubbing salt on a fresh wound, yet he relished in it. He wanted Donghyuck back, and he got exactly what he asked for.

Mark had no expectations that anything would evolve besides simple friends, but it didn't mean he didn't wish for anything again. The answer was simple, it wouldn't.

Donghyuck had made it clear, and Mark never would want to make him feel that way again. It was just too fresh of a wound, and he could lose everything again.

Friends would be enough. He convinced himself. But something in him, still nagged at him, "You're a liar."

The guilt for even having those thoughts could bury him, if he didn't bury them. So he did.

————————————

Life soon took over, and Mark found himself in a situation where he forgot he ever had those conflicts with Donghyuck anymore. He was on his graduating year, and with music and school these things seem so small after a while.

Distractions would come up sometimes, but never to the point where he would see them as anything too important that he had to stop and take a break.