Chapter 13 - Your eyes

The date was a disaster. And I really tried to give him a chance. When he picked me up I noticed his grey car and could not stop thinking about Professor Cullen's words "He's not the man for you". Didn't he think that I did not know that? Of course Marco wasn't. It was him. It would have always been him..

After we had arrived at the bar, our conversation stayed on the surface. He was shy and, to be honest, quite boring. I tried to deepen our conversation but he replied only with short sentences and hardly asked a question. 

As we met one of his friends at the bar, I saw my chance and told him to enjoy the rest of the evening with him, I had to go to the university anyway because I forgot that I have a meeting there...

-------------------------------------------------------

And here I was, again. I was walking down the long hallway of the library to find him. There was almost no one else anymore. It felt like a deja vu. 
I spotted him in a tiny corner working on his computer. He was still wearing his business clothes but his sleeves were rolled up. I failed to suppress a small sigh at the sight of him. 

Unlike our last meeting, he noticed my presence immediately. He looked up from his screen and scanned my body from the bottom up until he stopped at my eyes.
With a small smile he leaned back and crossed his arms before his chest. I swallowed as my eyes fell on his arm muscles that were now even more visible than usual. 

"That's earlier than I expected, Miss White", he said with a twinkle dancing in his eyes.

And I didn't know why but I somehow felt more confident in myself now. Maybe it was because I held my promise and it failed, which theoretically meant that I would now focus on Professor Cullen?
Regardless, I enjoyed his company and it seemed as if he would enjoy it too. Especially if we could talk freely and alone because that made me forget our situation as a student and a professor. Or at least I could ignore it a bit better. Because regardless of how wrong this was, I was not willing to hold back any longer. I didn't even know if I could have even if I would have wanted to.

So I looked into his eyes and sighed annoyed but also a little playful:"Oh shut up. Don't tell me that you don't enjoy this". 

As a result he chuckled and gestured me to take a seat in front of him. "I'm just curious. What did he do that you left him for me so early? I mean, knowing you and looking at your outfit, I can't say that you did not try".

I looked down at myself. I was wearing a tight red dress that ended above my knees. It was simple but also sexy. 
"I did try indeed, sir. But I have to disappoint you, my friend Julie forced me to wear that dress. It was, just like Marco, not my choice."

"I don't mind the slightest, Miss White", he answered and I had to avoid his gaze because it was so strong. My whole body seemed to burn under his look.

Instead I cleared my throat and recognized my paper with the answer to the question about our favorite colour on top of his stack of papers. 

He followed my gaze and took the paper in his hands before he read my answer out loud:
"'Blue is my favorite colour because it reminds me of the sky and the sky has no limits.' You have to elaborate on that one for me, Miss White."

I frowned:"Why? Is that not a good reason?"

He quickly nodded and replied:"Oh of course it is. But I want you to explain it to me. I long to hear your thoughts on it.. If I'm being honest, your answer has gripped me since I've read it five hours ago.."

I blushed at his honesty. "Well, there's not much to say. I am simply in love with the sky, I guess. I like the feeling of freedom, space and the sky has something magical. Everytime I look at it, it never fails to amaze me. What else is there to say?...Mhm..it changes. It's just like in the poem we recently discussed "Nothing gold can stay". The sky is, in my opinion, one of the best examples for why it's not necessarily something bad if something doesn't stay as it is. The sky is like a big canvas and every day, every minute we are offered a phenominal art work. How could you not fall in love with that. Besides, blue is nice", I explained and grinned at my last statement. 

He leaned forward and grinned as well while he buried his face in his hands. "Are you always thinking that way? Because if you do, I want to hear your every thought.."

I laughed:"Oh no! You don't want to hear what I'm thinking all the time. That would be quite annoying. I overthink and overanalyse everything."

"Still, I appreciate your honesty and your courage to share them so openly", he stated while still looking at the table.

I shook my head and said with a wink:"That's not the case with everyone. You should feel special."

He laughed nervously and finally looked up at me. For the first time, I saw him like that. Nervous and unsure of what to do. 

He moved his hand through his hair and murmured: "I think you deserve some honesty from me as well. You should know, the real reason to why my favorite colour is blue..."

I looked at him with a small smile:"And here I am, thinking that it can't be true that you, who likes a deeper meaning behind everything, simply likes blue because it is nice."

He swallowed and looked at me in awe: "Well, only partly..I like blue because..it's the colour of..it reminds me of your eyes. And now that I've heard about your love for the sky.. I can't help but see a painting of an absolutely breathtaking sky whenever I look at them.."

For a moment, I didn't know what to say. "Wow..I'm speechless..You should be honest more often then because if this is what you think, I want to know everything", I imitated him. 

He chuckled at my words and replied playfully:"That's not the case with everyone. You should feel special."

I looked at him and got lost in the depth of his eyes. Without thinking I replied:"I do."

His eyes seemed to shine even more at my confession:"Good."

But then, suddenly, our eye contact got interrupted by my phone ringing.

"Sorry", I said and picked it up while I stood up and walked to the door but didn't leave our tiny room.

"Julie? What is it?", I asked a bit annoyed.

"Hey Liz. Please don't get mad but can you sleep somewhere else tonight?"

 Please don't get mad but can you sleep somewhere else tonight?"

-------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 13! I hope you like it. Feel free to comment and vote. And also, thank you for more than 150 views, this means so much to me :)

- Ann