Chapter 52 - Arriving

"I don't want to leave..", I mumbled against Alex's arm and cuddled myself more against him while I glanced out of the window of the train.

He sighed and leaned his head against mine: "I know..."

 "We could..stay", I whispered, even though I knew that it was not the right solution. 

"We could. But for how long?", Alex replied thoughtful, his fingers brushing along my thigh. 

Looking out of the window, the train headed out of the station. There was no going back now. We were leaving. And we were arriving. Because to leave something behind also means that something new is coming. 

Grabbing his hand, I interwined our fingers and stated enthusiastically: "I changed my mind. I can't wait to be back."

"Why is that?", he asked, clearly surprised by my sudden mood change. 

"Going back means wiping the slate clean. Confessing our relationship to Mr Collins and, however that will turn out, finally being able not to hide this anymore. It means that we can finally reveal this secret. When we stay, we would just postpone everything. I don't want that. I want it as fast as possible. It's never gonna happen if we're waiting for it", I tried to explain my thoughts to him as best as possible. 

His one arm moved around my belly to pull me closer to him, at least as good as possible in these seats. Meanwhile, his breath moved to my neck, tickling me. I squirmed slightly as he pressed a kiss on my cheek close to my ear before he whispered against my skin:

"That's my fiancée.."

I had to smile, my eyes wandering to the glistening ring on my finger before they moved up to his face again. 

With my one hand I took his chin and tilted it to the side so that I was able to reach the same spot on his face. Softly, I placed a kiss on his cheek only to brush his ear with my lips, in which I almost purred:

"You have no idea how good that sounds out of your mouth, love."

I felt his jaw clenching as he gave me a warning glance, which I returned with an innocent smile. 

"How dangerous you can be...Just wait until we get home", he whispered huskily and peeked my lips for no longer than a second. 

I giggled at his threat and leaned my head against his shoulder again:

"As I said, I can't wait..."

--------------------------------------

"Ahhhh, you're back!!!", Julie screamed as I opened the door to our apartment. 

Jumping off the couch, she sprinted towards me and wrapped me in her arms, almost running me over. 

"Ahahahah Julie! I've missed you", I laughed as I stumbled into the room, still in her arms. 

"You missed me?! I missed you! You arrive two days later without telling me anything, where the hell were you?!", she shouted but stopped as her glance moved behind me and landed on Alex, who was waiting patiently by the door with our suitcases, watching us amused.

"Oh I understand! This was some kind of elopement ", Julie joked but as my eyes met Alex's slightly unsure about what to do, her eyes grew wide. 

"What!? Don't tell me that you two- Ahh you did! How could you get married without inviting me?!", she screamed as she noticed the ring on my finger. 

Alex's winced overstrained and I slowly walked towards her, holding my hand up:

"Julie. No. Listen to me. We are not married", I tried to calm her.