Chapter 47 - Just like you

The next day, it was the day of the departure.

Leaving early in the morning, we didn't even get the chance to have breakfast. I, however, refused to go without my morning coffee so I sneaked into the room to get one. 

As I stood in front of the machine, waiting impatiently for my coffee, I heard footsteps behind me until someone stopped right beside me.

"Good morning, Miss White", his voice made me look up. 

I had to grin as I recognized the smirk in his face and rolled my eyes at him:

"Good morning, Professor. What are you doing in here?"

His hand reached out to grab a cup, slightly brushing my arm.

"I guess it's the same that has brought you here", he answered with a wink.

Taking my coffee, I shook my head, once again lovely surprised.

"Yeah sorry, I forgot. We often want the same things", I replied flirtatiously before I turned around, leaving to where the other students are waiting. 

I sighed relieved as Mrs Webber announced that we were going to take the train on the way back and not the bus again. And luckily, the train station was only a ten minute walk away from here. 

As we arrived at the station and walked towards the right track, a quiet voice, which was dangerously close to my ear, coming from behind, made me stop in my track.

"Do you trust me?", I recognized Alex and looked behind me giving him a questioning glance.

"What? What kind of question is this? Of course I do", I furrowed my brows.

But instead of giving me an explanation, he smiled at my answer.

"Good. Then play along", was the only thing he whispered before he walked ahead to Mrs Webber. 

I quickened my pace to stay behind him.

"Angela, Miss White seems to have forgotten her bag in the hostel", Alex stated and I opened my mouth to disagree, before I quickly remembered that I was supposed to play along.

"Yes, I'm so sorry. I don't know how that could happen", I said and Mrs Webber looked at me almost distressed as the train that we had to take, was rolling into the station. 

"Oh god, what should we do now? Do you know which train to take back home?", she asked worried.

"Eh..no, I don't", I uttered and looked at Alex expectantly.

"Uhm..What about, I stay with her and we catch the next train? Then you and Martin can bring the other students home on time", he offered and I almost laughed out loud. 

Stay with me? She wouldn't-

"Would you do that? Oh, Alexander thank you", Mrs Webber breathed out relieved.

"I don't mind. Now, catch your train. We'll see each other at the university on Monday", he stated and she nodded, joining the rest of the group in the train before it headed off.

I couldn't believe what was happening.

As the train was finally gone and I remained at the track with Alex next to my side, I crossed my arms over my chest and blurted out:

"Alexander Cullen, what was that?! I don't even have a bag with me! I demand an explanation. Now! Why are we here?"

Chuckling lowly, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and led me towards a different line.

"We, my love, are going to take a different train."

Putting my arm around his waist, I let myself be guided: