Chapter 51 - A proposal

I had to giggle into the kiss as he spun me around once before walking the last few meters into the bedroom, where he placed me down in front of our bed. 

Out of the corner of my eye I could see the window and that it wouldn't be long before the sun was going to start setting. So I tried to keep the kiss simple and sweet, which was more difficult than I thought and as he was about to pick me up again, I tried to press my palms against his chest.

"Mhh..love", I mumbled and tried to push him away again before we would start something we couldn't finish without sacrificing our plan. 

With a frustrated groan, he let go of me and met my eyes again, breathing heavily. 

Smoothening his shirt, I gave him an apologetic look.

"I'd really like to have that picnic", I admitted with a shy smile and he chuckled, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Of course, me too. But then we should better start packing before I'll loose my control and have you underneath me on this bed", he sighed and clenched his jaw towards the end. 

Giggling, I moved around him to walk into the kitchen. Yet, as I make my way out of the room, I state:

"You'll have to wait till after we return from the beach." 

I didn't have to look back to know that my promise had an affect on him. He didn't reply anything but clears his throat, revealing his low and, from arousal, raspy voice. 

------------------------------

"This spot looks nice. Let's stay there!", I exclaimed an pull him with me towards the little sandy area, that had fluffy grasses around it with a perfect view over the ocean. 

We unfolded a blanket to sit on, before I unpacked different kinds of food that had been in our little fridge. Meanwhile, Alex lit some candles as the sun was already about to set. 

Saying that it was magical would be an understatement. 

For a few minutes we simply sat next to each other, started to eat the random combination of food and enjoy the moment as it was.

Snacking some grapes, my eyes wandered to his bag, lying in the sand. Specifically to the notebook that was sticking out of it. It must have been the one he used for his writings. I had seen him with it before but never really asked him about it. 

However, as I reached for the bottle of wine, our eyes locked and I realised that he must have noticed me staring. His eyes moved to the bag with his notebook before they moved back to me. 

"Do you want to take a look inside?", he asked but I quickly shook my head. 

"Eh no. I don't want to intrude on your privacy", I explained. 

"You wouldn't. It's for the people close to me, remember? And you are one of them, probably the closest of them all", he countered with a smile that I had to return as I remembered the phone call, in which he had mentioned it. 

How much had changed since that day...

Glancing back at the notebook, I sighed, giving in: "Alright, but...you'll read something for me."

Nodding he tookit: "That's fine with me. So? What would you like to hear then?" 

Thinking for a few seconds, I wa tempted to just say 'what you're comfortable with'. But then I changed my mind and simply replied:

"Your latest piece?"

"Okay, it's not totally finished yet but I'll read it out to you. Maybe you can give me some advice...", he stated and I almost laughed out loud.