Chapter 45 - The morning after

The next morning, I woke up from something tickling on my shoulder. 
I rolled over onto this side but opened my eyes when I almost bumped into something hard.

Hearing chuckles, my eyes landed on Alex, who lay right beside me and held himself up with one elbow. 

I buried my head deeper into the pillow and groaned:

"Mhmmm what time is it?"

"Breakfast is in half an hour", Alex replied and I raised my hand to move it through his disheveled hair, making it even worse.

"Then why are you waking me up? I don't need more than five minutes", I mumbled, still sleepy. 

He laughed and looked at me lovingly before he took my hand out of his hair. His thumb danced over my wrist and with a small sigh he placed a kiss on it: 

"I should have beaten him up." 

Confused I looked at my wrist, but when I saw the still visible bruises I understood, intertwined our fingers and moved them towards my lips to kiss his. 

"You did the right thing. Everything else would have been conspicious. And when we're back at the uni and I feel like he deserves it nonetheless, I'll do it myself", I answered and he chuckled at my last statement and placed a kiss on the tip of my nose. 

After that he shifted in the tiny bed and groaned slightly as he sat back up and stretched his muscles. 

"Are we getting old already, Mister Cullen", I smirked and his head snapped towards me again.

He flipped his finger at my arm playfully and replied:

"Hey! It's not my fault. This bed isn't made for two people, so the space is very limited. Not that I would complain about having you close, but moving around in here is difficult."

Oh yes, and we did a lot of moving around last night..

I laughed at his excuse: "What should I say then? I'm in the same bed as you, but because your bigger, you take up the majority of it. Sleeping on the edge of this bed is almost as complicated as having sex on the edge of a pool."

"I didn't hurt you yesterday, or did I? I'm sorry if I was too...rough", he asked seriously worried and I sat up as well, shaking my head. 

"No, of course not. I was just joking, love. I appreciate your caring side but I also enjoyed it..the roughness, I mean..You're rarely this unrestrained", I explained but blushed at the end. 

His grin grew wider and his eyes twinkled dangerously: "Good to know. I'll keep it in mind, Miss White."

I just groaned, embarrassed, and lay down into the pillows again, pulling the blanket over my face. 

"Oh you're adorable...But..now that you're awake.., what do you think about taking a shower before meeting the others?", Alex asked nonchalantly and I pushed the blanket off my face to look at him with a raised eyebrow.

Smirking, I replied: "Ah now I understand! Is that the reason for why you woke me up half an hour before we need to go?"

I had to laugh as I saw that he shrugged, avoiding my eyes as he blushed just slightly. 

Sitting up again, I took his hands and put them on my waist before I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer. 
I could feel his muscles tense under my touch as I brushed my lips just slightly against his jaw and over his chin.

"Well then, Professor Cullen, you should have just said so", I murmured against his skin and giggled into the kiss as he wrapped his arms around me and carried me into the bathroom.