Chapter 25 - Cheating

POV: Professor Cullen/Alex

Happily I left the restroom, where I had just cleaned my face to make sure that there would be no lipstick left, and made my way through the halls to my office.

When I went to turn around a corner, I stopped dead in my tracks when I spotted Liz who seemed to be all over another boy. I didn't know him and I also didn't remember that she told me that she was friends with other guys. 

What I saw gave me a strange uneasy feeling in my chest. She hugged and kissed him like she just did with me a couple of minutes ago. And the worst thing was that he seemed to like her as well. They acted as if they were really close to each other, like they were comfortable with the others' touch. 

I didn't know what I should think. I mean, I did trust Liz. She never gave me a reason not to. But seeing this now...maybe she just used me for better grades or other connections? Who knew? She certainly wouldn't have been the first girl who was fooling around with her professor for her own benefit. 
God, how could I have been so blind? If she just faked everything she was one hell of an actress...but..

Angrily I looked back at her. The boy was still holding her in his arms and was laughing at the mark she had just left with her lips. He lifted her up in his arms and placed a few kisses on her cheek which made her laugh before they headed down the hall.

Okay, I had seen enough...

Not really paying attention to anything, I walked through the hallway. When I reached my office I quickly closed the door. Now that I had seen her with him I couldn't help it...I wished that I was the one who was walking around with her mark on my face, showing everyone that she was mine. 

But was she?

-----------------------------

POV: Liz

"Ben! It's so nice seeing you here again", I screamed excited as I ran towards him to give him a big hug.

He chuckled deeply and hugged me back:"I've missed you too, Princess. Where were you so long?"

I kissed his cheek and laughed at the lipstick mark that was left on his cheek:

"I'm so sorry. I totally forgot the time. But this is not about me, this is about you! Soo? The wedding, tell me all the details! How is the bride to be doing?"

We walked towards the exit and he started explaining what they haded planned so far. 

"I'm so happy for you. I can't believe it, my brother is getting married!", I squeak honestly excited.

When we arrived at a small café, we ordered hot chocolate like we used to when we were little. After that, Ben talked about the food, the music and the guests. All of a sudden he stopped and looked at me with an unreadable almost creepy expression.

"What? What's that look for?", I asked confused. 

"I was just wondering...concerning a possible date for you for the wedding. Are you seeing someone?", he asked in a serious tone.

The question caught me off guard. I had to cough and tried not to spill out my hot chocolate. Should I tell him? He was my brother, he should know. And I bet Alex would be happy to meet at least someone of my family. It was already hard enough to not really being able to act like a couple in public.  

"Eh, actually yes. I am seeing someone. It's a bit, well, complicated. But he makes me happy", I admitted slowly. 

I was quite relieved when his ringing phone released me out of the situation and I didn't have to explain.