Chapter 59 - Ending or beginning?

Walking out of the room, I had to exhale deeply, letting out all the pressure and tension that had just been on my shoulders. 

Looking over at Alex, he watched me but as his eyes met mine, he came closer to me. Leaning down slightly, he wrapped his arms around my waist for a tight hug. 

"So, I am your prince, love? I didn't knew that", he mumbled teasingly and I grinned against the skin of his neck.  

Leaning back against the wall behind me, I let go of him, slightly blushing while simply murmuring my agreement. 

The entire university was empty, except the room behind us. The hallway seemed almost ghostly, like the calm before the storm and all the devils were only a room away, discussing our futur. I shivered, slightly uncomfortable but Alex, of course, always knew what he had to do to calm me.

"I'm so proud of you, you have no idea. I know how hard it is for you to speak about your personal thoughts so openly and publicly, but you were phenominal", he said, placing his hands next to my sides on the wall. 

I grinned up at him, my hand stroking over his chest and shoulder: "Thank you, I'm so proud of you too. I loved what you said, every single word."

For a moment we just stared at each other, letting the other person take a look into each others soul. He then leaned his forehead slowly against mine, his hands finding my hips.

"You know, no matter what happens next, I won't forget this moment right now. Never. Even if I'll, someday, be old and grey, I'll might forget my entire life, every single memory.. but not this one. You and me, standing in this hallway, wrapped in each others arms. There might be no one around right now, but still, I don't have to look for anyone anymore, being cautious that no one notices how I stare at you. I can kiss you whenever I want to, not giving a fuck who is watching us. This might be the best moment of my life..., apart from you agreeing to marry me of course. I don't think that any other moment could top that but...now, I have everything I want in front of me. And I couldn't be happier about it..", he whispered lowly and my eyes became watery. 

"If I wouldn't have already fallen in love with you, I would have fallen right now", I stated quietly, searching for his eyes that hold so many emotions. 

Unable to hold back any longer, I slightly tilted my head to one side, brushing his nose until my lips slightly touched his. A sigh escaped his lips, leaning down more to help me. My arms moved around his neck and I pushed myself up to finally press my lips firmly on his. 

However, the second my lips landed fully on his, the door was being opened harshly, making me jolt in shock. 

An older man I didn't know stood in the door, his eyes lingering on Alex first before they moved over to me only to move up and down my body. I felt uncomfortable as he stared so obviously, not knowing if he made a derogatory jugement or not. 

"You can come in now", he hummed, his eyes totally black as he looked at us, revealing no emotion, nothing but darkness. 

I would have definitely preferred someone else opening the door because now, I felt terrified. 

Entering the room again, my belly contracted even more as I caught either angry eyes like those of Professor Kingston, or those of Mrs Robins, in which I imagined to see pity. 

The whole room seemed to have turned black and white. The windows were open, a storm hitting against the shutter, making me jump. No matter in which direction I looked, I saw people with serious faces. Some shook their heads, not believing that we even tried and believed that we would be able to convince them. I could almost hear their thoughts in my head, shouting so loud, it gave me a headache and I wanted to cover my ears with my hands.