Chapter Fifty

They waited to eat before laying out their plan. Too soon, Ruby and Halle were standing on the outer perimeter of the hunter's hideout, watching Talon stroll through the training yard. The hunters that were out there only watched him in confusion.

The house's door opened, and a large man came out. Talon stopped. "Who are you?" The man's voice boomed. Ruby and Halle instinctively flinched deeper into hiding.

"I come in peace."

"Why?"

"To give a warning."

The man lifted his chin. "A warning?"

"Yes. Your lives are in danger."

Murmurs arose from the other hunters, who were soon silenced by the man's large, raised hand. "Explain."

Talon nodded, "I will but it is not me who can give you the warning. It is my friends. I ask that they remain unharmed."

The confusion among the hunters grew tenfold. Ruby's heart started racing. The man waved his hand, "Yes, yes. They will be safe just get on with it."

Talon turned then, his eyes locking directly on Ruby's. It was their cue.

The girls held eachother's hands as they stepped out of hiding and strolled through the courtyard. All eyes were on them. Ruby began to forget what it felt to be human in that moment. For her feet to crunch on grass, to constatnly blink. Vampires had an eerie grace to their movements. They'd barely reached Talon when one of the hunters cried, "Vampires!"

Screams arose and nearly thirty wooden weapons were aimed at them.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to give this chapter a VOTE to help my story!