Talon

Talon slowly got to his feet, preparing himself as he faced the person. The man who'd spoken wore a black cloak that covered most of his features. But what Talon could see was utterly pale, as if the man hadn't seen the sun in years. Something dark stirred in Talon's gut. He could feel that there was something utterly wrong with the man. Evil.

He took a step back. If the man was dabbling in the darkness of this world, Talon wanted nothing to do with it. "I apologize, I'm looking for someone."

The man's bloodless lips stretched in a sickening grin. "Who? The Night Conjurer?"

Run, the voice urged, run now!

"Please forgive me but I should get going."He had no idea what the man meant, but he didn't want to be here any longer.

"You aren't leaving."

Talon's blood froze. "Oh yeah? And why is that?"

"Because," the man cooed, "you know her."

It clicked then. This man knew Ruby. "What did you do to her? Where is she?"

The man shook his head, "I do not have your girl. Not yet. But you could be of use."

"I will not take you anywhere near her."

His smile deepened and Talon knew he'd made a mistake then, "That's not what I want." The air stirred and the man was suddenly infront of him. His pale hand snatched Talon's throat, yanking him forward. Before Talon could react, the man's mouth was on his neck.

Talon cried out as pain pierced the skin like white hot fire. He fought against his holder's grip, but there was no budging stone.

His knees buckled beneath him. He couldn't understand what was happening. Only that this man was Death.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~

Hurry! To save Talon's soul, give this chapter a VOTE!