ONE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙣𝙚 :
fight or flight

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     THE SMELL OF popcorn invaded her senses more and more the longer she cooked the jiffy pop

     THE SMELL OF popcorn invaded her senses more and more the longer she cooked the jiffy pop. Shaking the pan side to side a few times, then (F/N) put the black handle down and moved away from the stove. Leaning on the counter with one arm the girl smiled at her best friend.

     "Are you sure I can pull it off?" Casey shouted from the other room so (F/N) could hear her over the cooking popcorn.  The friends were planning something for Casey to wear on the blonde's next date with her boyfriend, Steve.

While (F/N) was annoyed that they were spending their "private girl time" talking about Steve of all people, she was happy to help her since Casey was the one who reached out. (F/N) could remember how shocked she was when Casey approached her during the schooldays to invite her over to the blonde's house.

She was only so shocked because Casey didn't like (F/N)'s group of friends. The tense air was due to a nasty breakup between Casey and one of the members, Stu. Ever since Casey broke up with Stu, (F/N) has been pulled back and forth between the different friend groups. She grew close to Stu's (at the time) friend Tatum when she met Stu. That's why she still hangs out with the group even though Casey doesn't, much to Casey's displeasure due to her not wanting (F/N) to hang out with her ex.

     "Duh, you always look amazing!" (F/N) spoke the truth. Casey was beautiful after all. "Now, show me the next outfit!"

     Her best friend did her best model walk into the kitchen with a playful smile on her face. She was now wearing a short white sundress that complemented her well. Casey's short blonde hair flipped dramatically as she struck poses along the different stops in the hallway.

Casey finished her posing with one arm behind her head and the other on her hip as (F/N) clapped and cheered they both began to laugh. However, their laughter was cut off by the phone ringing. The two girls glanced at it before turning to each other.

     "You should ignore it, it's probably Steve." (F/N) grimaced at the thought of Casey's stereotypical jock boyfriend. She adjusted the jiffy pop.

     "But he's coming over tonight, what if he needs something? And besides, what if it isn't?" Casey pointed out and walked over to the phone, leaving (F/N) with the Jiffy Pop.

"Well, if it is him, hang up, he can wait his turn! —" Casey lifted her finger and shushed (F/N) as she lifted the electronic to her ear.