FIFTEEN

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 :
jumpstart to fame

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

      THE PHONE RINGING beside her bed woke her up. Her phone slapped around on her bedside table, trying to find the electronic. It took a few tries—she'd gotten used to her room after being there a few months—but she was able to take the phone off the electronic. "Hello." She said into the phone, her voice raspy since she had just awoken.

     "Hello (F/N)." A voice responded on the phone.

     (F/N) let out a tired yawn, not recognizing the voice because of how clouded her mind still was with sleep, "What do you need?"

     "What's your favorite scary movie?" The voice on the line asked making (F/N) roll her eyes. Now she realized what was happening, only because it had happened to her so many times.

     "Your birth tapes." She sighed as she sat up in bed, "Do you need anything specific, or can I hang up because this is pointless?"

     "Just a little talk." The voice said.

     "Well," She reached over and looked at the phone receiver on her desk, reading the name off of the blank area, "Cory, did you happen to know that prank calls are a criminal offense? I'm assuming you didn't because you forgot to block your number and name—"

     The line went dead.

(F/N) huffed before she sat up in the bed, placing the phone back onto its receiver as she yawned again. Suddenly her roommate, Hallie, walked into the room and threw a small stuffed animal at her, "Move your ass, okay? Your late."

     "Really?" (F/N) sighed, lifting herself out of the bed. She looked down at what she was wearing, it was close enough to casual wear, she'd just have to slip on some jeans instead of her shorts because it had been getting colder. She asked, "How late?"

     "You should've been up fifteen minutes ago," Hallie informed. Hallie had morning classes, so she was already done for the day.

     "Damn..." (F/N) almost tripped as she lifted her jeans. She zipped and buttoned them while she grabbed her bag off the floor, "I need to hurry."

(F/N) swung the bag around her shoulder and tried to leave the dorm when Hallie stopped her with a question, "How are you feeling about the party tonight?"

     "I'm not." (F/N) answered quickly.

     "Really?" Hallie sighed in disappointment.

     "Yeah..."

     Hallie attempted to reason, "You aren't even the one joining, you would just be scoping it out with me."

     "I know, but—"

Suddenly a knock was heard on their door. (F/N) sighed before opening it, finding a girl urging, "Check out the news."

The two girls listened and switched on the television. They found it already on the news and listened to it as the news reporter began to talk, the video of a theater behind him.