TWELVE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚 :
surprise doll

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

      (Y/N) LOCKED THE door after her, not allowing either to enter

(Y/N) LOCKED THE door after her, not allowing either to enter. Randy screamed from his position outside, his voice being heard clearly through the door from how loud it was, "No, (F/N)! Open the door, please! He's gone crazy!" His fists pounded rapidly against the door.

      I'm sorry Randy, but I can't. (F/N) backed away from the door, knowing there was a phone in the house. Tears began to stream down her face as she let out a shaky breath. She saw it and was just about to reach for it when it began to ring, she picked it up and said, "Please! Please help me!"

      "Having fun yet, (F/N)?" The voice of her nightmares questioned from the phone.

      "You fucker!" The girl threw the phone down, slamming it against the receiver. She took a few steps back, moving closer to the door.

      She was not having fun.

      Randy continued to scream and plead for help. (F/N) looked at the lock, it was just Randy. He wouldn't hurt me, right? She quickly scolded herself. He could be the killer. She shouted through the door, "Randy! Go away!"

      Suddenly a loud noise was heard upstairs, and she whipped her head towards it, alert. She gazed into the darkness as a figure emerged from it. To her surprise, it was Billy, but before she could say anything he walked too close to the stairs and fell them all, groaning as he stopped at the bottom. Damn clumsy ass.

      "Billy!?" (F/N) cried, a relieved smile on her face. She grabbed Billy and held him, hugging him before she backed away, Billy's hold lingered on her though. (F/N) observed his appearance, "Are you okay? Fuck, he really got you, I thought you were..."

      "I'm alright." He winced as he slowly stood up, "Gotta...get...help." Billy inches closer to the door.

      "No! You can't go out that way." She shook her head as she watched him hold onto the banister for support.

       Randy continued to shout at the top of his lungs, "Please, you gotta let me in. He's gonna kill me!"

      Billy stumbled towards the door, aiming to open it, but (F/N) blocked his path with her arm, "We can't trust him."

      "It's okay. Hand me the gun." Billy reached out; one hand still pressed on his wound.

"No." Billy met her eyes quickly at her rejection.

"What?" He questioned in confusion, not expecting that word to fall from her lips.

"I'll keep it. You're injured and I know how to use a gun." (F/N) explained, giving a nervous glance to the door.

Billy noticed her take her attention off of him and his glance darkened. He waited a second before he interrogated, "How do you know how to use a gun?"

"It doesn't matter right now." (F/N) gave him a bewildered look.

"How do you know how to use a gun?" He repeated, his tone eerily monotone.

"Dewey taught me," She furrowed her eyebrows, looking at him in exasperation, "Why is this important?"

Billy gripped his wound tightly with a contemplated expression, he looked around the room as if trying to find what to say next. (F/N) turned back to the door with a nervous expression. Randy was still pounding on the door.

"If Dewey taught you how to use a gun, I'm assuming he also doesn't know to turn off the safety." Billy tilted his head slightly, staring at the weapon in her hand.

"What? —" (F/N) barely got out before the gun was snatched from her grasp. She gaped at Billy and tried to grab it back, but he pushed her away. She was confused at his strength, wasn't he weakened by the wound? Billy unlocked and opened the door, and the pounding stopped.

      Randy rushed into the building, it didn't matter how much he hated Billy, he grabbed onto him and cried out, "Help me!"

      Billy tried to calm him, letting the man grab onto him, "Shhhh. It's okay."

      Randy shook his head, breathing out, "Stu's flipped out. He's gone mad."

      Slowly, a small smile creeps across Billy's face, "We all go a little mad sometimes."

   Randy squinted in confusion at the random quote, as Billy let go of his supposed wound, and aimed the gum at the boy. Then Billy pulled the trigger. The bullet ripped into Randy, making the boy stagger back with a cry.

"Randy! —" (F/N) went to rush forward but stopped, looking at Billy who hadn't moved, still holding the firearm pointed towards Randy. The blast of the gunshot had thrown Randy's body against the wall before it slid to a heap on the floor, still. "W-What the fuck Billy!" Slowly Billy turned to her, unphased by the damage he had just done.

      "Anthony Perkins—Psycho. One of the first movies we watched together." Billy turned to (F/N) who was looking at him with wide eyes and an aghast expression.

      "Fuck, no... No, this can't be happening." She shook her head. Billy's eyes were glued on her, unfaltering. He stuck his tongue out and slowly licked the dried blood to his face, tasting it.

      He clicked his tongue, "Corn syrup. Same stuff they used for pig's blood in Carrie."

      "You...It was you." (F/N) muttered in disbelief as she took a step back, moving closer to the kitchen. Billy, took a quick step forward, trying to scare her. It worked and she took another one back out of fear.

       She could no longer recognize the man as her best friend. There is something almost inhuman about his features. His expression looked like the epitome of evil, a crazed version. But in his eyes, there was a glint of something, something she couldn't yet recognize. And she hated it.

       She takes another step back, wanting to just disappear where she stood. Billy smirked as he advanced, following her like she was his prey, "Where ya going (F/N)?"

     The girl continued to back up until she hit something firm. (F/N) spun around as she tried to see who it was. She was met with the sight of Stu, looking down at her with a curious expression.

    (F/N) gripped his shirt, "Stu! Ho—" Suddenly she stopped herself, as she looked at his face, she noticed there wasn't an ounce of fear upon it.

     Stu stared back at her, his eyes wide, lips curled in a subtle smile as one of his hands wrapped around her back while the other held a small compact cellular phone up to his face. Stu whispered into it, his smile growing, "Surprise, (F/N)."

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

AUTHORS NOTE !

One more chapter then
it's the end of act one.

Posted: March 17, 2023
Rewrite: July 9, 2023
Words: 1136
Edited: ✘︎