THREE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 :
deja vu

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

      AFTER SCHOOL, RANDY asked her to go to the movie store to apologize for his excitement over Casey's death

      AFTER SCHOOL, RANDY asked her to go to the movie store to apologize for his excitement over Casey's death. She accepted and they hung out for a few hours after he said sorry, but when she saw that it was getting dark outside, she told him she had to leave because she had a project due tomorrow.

Which wasn't exactly a lie, but she would still put it off till even later in the night. Still (F/N) walked home from the business, using the time to think and clear her mind. Once she made it home, she found a note that her parents left for her on the kitchen table.

It read: (F/N), we have learned your grandmother had a stroke. Your father and I have gone to stay with your grandmother until she gets better. We're devastated that we have to leave you alone at this time, but she truly needs us both and it's too far from your school. Love you, your parents.
     P.S. We'll have the neighbor check up on you around five.

The girl placed the paper down on the table. She wished her grandmother was okay, but frankly didn't want to be alone in the house. (F/N) sighed and looked around the room, trying to find something to do to pass the time. She found her movie shelf but couldn't decide on a movie, so she grabbed the phone instead.

She typed in the numbers her blonde friend made her memorize, tapping the wooden desk underneath the phone as she waited for her to pick it up. After a few rings, the phone was picked up.

"Hello?" The voice of Tatum's mother was heard, making (F/N) wince at the fact that it was the woman instead of her daughter as she planned.

"Hey Ms. Riley." (F/N) started.

"Oh, hey (F/N)!" She could practically hear the woman's smile through the phone, "How are you?"

"...Fine." (F/N) lied quickly, not trying to dump her latest mood onto the kind woman, "How have you been?"

"Okay. But irritated. You know Tatum is refusing to clean up the dishes on the counter. She says that it was Dewey, but I know it was her. They are such brats sometimes; I don't know how you deal with them."

She perked up at the mention of her friend, "Oh, speaking of Tatum, could I talk to her?" (F/N) tried to rid the woman, since she called for her age-appropriate friend.

"Oh—Yes dear." She heard the ruffling of the phone being moved to cover the voice box, before she heard the faint sound of the woman calling with a somewhat harsh voice, "Tatum!"