FIVE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚 :
dread

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     "GOD, I LOVED it

     "GOD, I LOVED it. I'll send you a copy. Baam! Bitch went down!" Tatum acted out the punch with her stuffed animals. She sat up and with the same exact enthusiasm repeated, "I'll send ya a copy. Baam! Sid, super bitch."

     (F/N) watched Tatum from the girl's rolling chair in the room, spinning in small half circles as they talked. Tatum had two beds, both for Tatum and whoever was sleeping over, since there was usually a girl in there. Sidney was currently occupying that bed.

     However, since all three were there (not that it was unusual for the trio to be together) they brought in a mattress for one of them to sleep on. Tatum's mother would, as usual, order Tatum to sleep in it but once the older woman left them alone (F/N) would take it. Tatum would try and insist that she should sleep on it, even Sidney would try, but (F/N) always slept on it. She wanted her friends to be comfortable and if that meant sleeping on an old mattress, she was fine.

     "Thought you might want some ice for that right hook," Dewey spoke as he stood at the door; he gently tossed an ice pack to Sidney who caught it from her lying down position. She put it onto her fist as Dewey informed her, "I'll be right next door. Try to get some sleep."

     Tatum gave a teasing wave, motioning for him to leave the room, "Yeah, yeah."

     As Dewey left, he closed the door behind him. A peaceful quiet filled the room as Tatum played idly with her stuffed animal. Although, after a moment the blonde broke the peaceful quiet, "Do you really think Billy did it?"

The question was pointed towards Sidney, but (F/N) could tell that Tatum was glancing at her out of the corner of her eye.

     "I don't know Tatum. It was chaotic." (F/N) breathed out, giving Sidney a cautious glance only to find her on her side facing away from them, deep in thought. "I mean—He was in my room right after the attacker disappeared. It's either horrible luck, or it was him."

     Tatum rolled her eyes in thought, nodding to herself, "That guy didn't have a flaw, I knew there was something wrong with him."

     A knock on the door caught all three's attention and they looked at the figure that was opening it. It was Tatum's mother, and she looked straight at Tatum, "Telephone honey."

     "Who is it?" Tatum questioned, turning her body to face her mother.

     "For (F/N)." Her mother directed the eyes to her.

     Said girl stopped turning around hastily, feeling a spike of hope, "Is it, my parents?"

     The girl hadn't heard from them since the attack. She was brought to the station and she tried to call them, but the line cut out. It was worrying, but an officer was sent over to find them. However, her grandma lived hours away, so it was nothing that would get solved today.

     "I don't think so." Tatum's mother seemed apologetic.

     "Take a message." Tatum tried to intervene so they could continue talking but (F/N) shook her head,

     "I'll just see what they want." She stood up, giving her friend's mother an acknowledging look as she left the room.

  (F/N) could hear her ask the two girls in the room something, but she kept her eyes on the pale telephone that was off the receiver and on the table. She picked it up, lifting it to her ear, "Hello?"

     "Hello (F/N)." An unfortunately familiar voice greeted.

     A piercing shock filled her. The person who attacked her was still out there and on the phone. It meant so many things, but she had the time to think about none as she spoke on instinct, "Leave me alone."

     "Poor innocent Billy boy, stuck in that cold cell, over nothing."

     "I'm hanging up now. Go harass someone else!"

     "You hang up on me and I'll go into the other room and slice the deputy's neck clean open!"

     She held her breath slightly to try and calm down her heartbeat, but she found it still erratically hitting her chest. Her hand reached up to her mouth as she let out a shaky breath, "Fuck you!"

    "Ho, ho, gaining some confidence, are we?" The voice cackled, "I think I like it."

     She ignored the contrast from the voice's earlier statement. Luckily her outburst had caught the attention of Tatum's mother, "Is everything alright Dear?"

     "No ma'am, the killer's—!"

     "I'll take my leave now, don't miss me too much." The voice cackled evilly once more before the line suddenly went dead.

     (F/N) lowered the phone, staring at it with the cold blanket of dread being thrown over her shoulders.

     "What's wrong?"

     "Are you okay (F/N)?"

     "(F/N)?"

     Slowly she lowered the phone, placing it onto the receiver. She was done with today, she just wanted to crawl into a hole in the world and never move again. (F/N) just wanted her life to be peaceful, not to get attacked by a masked man who had already killed her best friend.

     (F/N) looked up and made eye contact with Tatum. Blankly, she informed, "I need to go to bed."

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

AUTHORS NOTE !

Finals are coming up
but my Spanish grade is not.

Posted: December 8, 2022
Rewrite: July 9, 2023
Words: 909
Edited: ✘︎