EIGHTEEN

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 :
suspicion and bad feelings

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

THE POLICE STATION was bustling with officers, all of them worried and holding different papers. (F/N) watched them all rush around, her mind full of worry because of what had happened. Another student had been attacked last night, one with the name Cici Cooper.

Although, Cici wasn't her real name. Cici's first name was Casey.

It gave (F/N) flashbacks to the night that she was first involved with the killings, the night when her best friend of the same name had been brutally murdered by her supposed friends.

(F/N) sunk into the firm cushion of the seat the officer had her sit in. Right now, she was just waiting for Dewey, but he wasn't the one to sit next to her. Instead, it was Mickey. The man leaned over the armrest of his seat, being close enough that it appeared as though he were going to tell her a secret, but nothing secretive came out of his lips, instead a quiet, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling fucking horrible. What do you think?" (F/N) retorted without a moment's hesitation. Immediately she felt guilty. She hadn't meant to snap at him, but she was just so overwhelmed with everything, she couldn't stop herself. "I'm sorry...It-It's just all been a lot."

"No, I get it." Mickey nodded, looking around the station. (F/N) thought he appeared as though he was enjoying himself, and it struck a chord in her. However, she didn't say anything about it now, instead burying it into her memory for later.

"Hallie's being interrogated now," Mickey informed, "I just got out."

"That was quick." (F/N) pointed out. She felt like Mickey had just walked in.

"Yeah, it was the easiest interrogation of my crime-filled life," Mickey said jokingly.

(F/N) chuckled to his joke, "Right."

A beat passed before he changed the mood of the conversation. "You know...if you ever need something," He rested his hand on her shoulder for a few seconds before he took it back, "I'm right there for you. We all are."

"Huh...That's weird. I didn't even know Derek was at the party." (F/N) muttered, getting distracted as she looked into the other room. Derek was another one of their friends, having been introduced to him by Hallie. Derek was patched up while speaking to officers, one of them being Dewey.

"Yeah, me neither. But he's fine. He just needs to realize the '90s is no time to play hero." They had all heard of Derek's story briefly from Dewey. Mickey got closer to her ear and curiously asked, "Why would anyone go back in that house anyway?"

(F/N) blinked for a moment. Mickey had a point. Why did Derek go back into the house?

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

"Hey (F/N)," Mickey said as the girl sat down at the lunch table, the first one to greet and notice her. He had motioned to the seat beside him and she took it without hesitation. The man was strangely comforting, "Where are the Secret Service guys?"