Chapter Eight: Some Alone Time

Rebecca

"What do you mean?!" I asked him in utter fear. They can't be gone, I would have heard them leave. Not to mention that they don't exactly have a car available to just drive off in.

"Cody and Rachel decided to bail on you," he replied with a light chuckle. How dare he think this is funny. Now I'm home alone with a sex obsessed man-whore who already wants nothing from me but a night in bed.

"It's not funny," I glared. "Come on I will take you home."

He looked at me surprised I was ready to kick him out so fast I guess. I mean he hasn't done anything today to piss me off, but I certainly don't want him here any longer than he has to be.

"What?" I asked when he didn't look away.

"You really don't like me do you?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes and looked back down at the packet I had been working on. He has been helping me out with this stuff and I still need his help. Would it be bad if I just used him? Just thinking about it is making me sick to my stomach since I have such a strong guilty conscience, but I'm dealing with Cameron here so it can't be that bad.

"I don't hate you if that's what you mean," I replied. "I just don't like the things you do. Pretty sure we covered this topic already."

"So you still think I'm a bad person is what you're saying?" He asked for certainty.

Ugh, can't he just drop it? It's not like it matters whether or not I like him. I'm sure there has to be some girl out there other than myself who didn't like his ways, and gave in to him just because she didn't want him to keep bugging her. Unfortunately for him though I am not that girl. I plan to stay a virgin as long as I can.

"Maybe," I replied bluntly.

"So tell me what I can do to prove you wrong," he begged.

The desperate voice that came from him intrigued me. I didn't think he ever had to beg for anything he wanted. Hmmm, this is exciting. I'm going to think of the hardest thing for him to do.

"Fine, I know what you can do," I said as I faced him. "Tomorrow at school I want you to go up to every single girl you played your stupid game on and apologize," I smiled.

His mouth opened slightly as he took in my words. I could tell he was going to refuse when his eyes darted to something else in the room other than me.

"No problem," he said as he cleared his throat.

What?! That's impossible, there is no way on earth he is going to apologize to them. I studied him as he made himself more comfortable on the floor. Then I couldn't help but notice the muscles in his arms. I remember how I would always watch some romance movie where the guy with the muscles would wrap his arms around the girl he liked and I always wondered what that would feel like. To be held by someone so close who is warm and strong, knowing they will protect you.

"Like what you see?" He asked suddenly, breaking me from my trans. My face felt hotter than the sun and I could just tell I was as red as a fire truck.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I lied.

"Comes from the girl with the googily eyes," he teased.

"I did not have googily eyes thank you very much, I was just looking-"

"Checking out," he interrupted.

"Looking," I repeated, "at your shirt, it's very nice."

Wow that's the stupidest cover I could ever come up with, it's obvious I'm not an on the spot kind of person. I should have thought that through. "You like my shirt?" He asked in disbelief. "I like it too, want to try it on? I would gladly remove it for you," he offered.