Chapter Forty-Five: Chillin at the Beach

Rebecca

"Eat that Pat!" Dylan shouted after he had successfully spiked the volleyball down on the opposing teams side of the net. We had been going at this for at least an hour now, and the boys refused to be beat by the other. I was on a team with Rachel, Cameron, and Dylan, while Clara, Jack, Patrick, and Cody were on the other team. Dylan's hit just brought us up a point, leaving both teams tied.

Laughing was completely impossible to avoid when playing with the man-whore. They'd start calling each other names that I never new existed, and would tease one another like junior high school bullies. I guess you could just say their immaturity was at an all time high today. "Alright one more round guys, I'm not going to have enough energy to surf if we keep going on with this game," Cameron told everyone.

Playing the game was already hard for me, I could keep my eyes off of all the six packs floating around. Cameron, Patrick, and Jack had taken off their shirts and blinded me with their half naked beauty. I would only sneak a peak at Patrick or Jack when Cameron was preoccupied hitting the volleyball though. He had nothing to worry about though, his six pack belonged to me now, and it was the only one I wanted. Unfortunately I wasn't the only one who called dibs, Clara's eyes were raping Cameron's abs like it was nobody's business. "If we don't kick their butts I'm never speaking to you guys again," Patrick told his team as they went to huddle up to talk about their plan of attack.

Two familiar arms wrapped themselves around my waist, hugging me from behind, and I couldn't help but smile when I met Cameron's sparkling blue eyes. "You going to join the huddle or what?" He asked.

"Of course I am, I'm the only brains on this side of the net," I teased as we regrouped with Rachel and Dylan.

"Hey, I've got brains too," Rachel frowned. "It's these two we have to worry about."

Dylan and Cameron frowned at the insult, making the two of us laugh and high five. "Alright what are we going to do when the ball comes over to our side?" Dylan asked ready to get down to business. His competitive side had come out today, and it was like he made it his life mission to destroy Patrick's team.

"We should score by spiking the ball over the net again, and I think that Becca should do it," Cameron suggested.

Why should I do it? I can't spike a ball, especially not against Patrick's team. "I'll set it for you Becca, and then you go in for the kill," Rachel agreed with him.

"Cameron and I will watch you guys' backs, but if we make it on the first hit there's nothing to worry about," Dylan added. He's right because we scored last which means we start off with the ball. That also means that if I screw this up, everyone on my team is going to hate my guts...or at least just Dylan will.

"I don't understand why I am the one who has to spike the ball," I informed them.

Rachel came to my rescue, and cupped her hand around my ear. "You have to do it because you have to show Clara that you're not afraid to kick some serious ass, and Jack that being your friend is cool." Then she paused for a minute to think about why I'd need to beat Patrick. "Didn't Patrick push you the other night? This could be your way of giving him payback. He'd be devastated if he lost to a girl," she explained.

Our huddle sessions ended at the same time, and it was now my time to shine. There weren't butterflies in my stomach though, not after my eyes met with Clara's. Jack rolled the ball back under the net to our side for Dylan to serve. As soon as the ball was in the air, my eyes never left it. Jack passed the ball over to Clara, who bumped it to Cody, who bumped it back over to our side. Since we were ready to get this game over with, we went for the last point.