Chapter Eighteen: Good, Old and Bad News

Cameron

Once Rebecca was dressed in her own clothes, I let her eat some cereal before I drove her home. I may only want her because of this bet, but if I see that Tristan asshole again, I'm going to punch his face in. Nobody messes with my prey, and everyone knows it. Pat even got in trouble for pulling his little stunt on her that one day after school. He's made up for it though, and she's forgiven him.

"Oh by the way, I kissed Patrick last night," She confessed when a silence had filled the car.

Just when I thought he was off the hook. "You kissed him, or he kissed you?" I asked.

"I kissed him to get his attention." She explained.

I've really got to step up my game with her. She's kissed Pat before I've had a chance to kiss her once. And I almost lost her to that stupid Tristan guy. For now I guess it's not an issue. I already know when the perfect time for our first kiss will be. "Why are you telling me this?" I sighed.

She shrugged, "I just thought I'd tell you before he could twist it into a lie of some sort is all."

I don't understand her at all. She's like the goody-two shoes one moment, the next she's beating someone up, and then she's playing tricks on me, and then she confesses things. It doesn't make any sense. Is she just trying to confuse me so I'll leave her alone? If so then she is horribly mistaken.

"I'm at a payphone tryin' to call home all of my change I spent on you. Where have the times gone? Baby it's all wrong. Where are the plans we made for two?" My cell phone sang. I picked it up and glanced at the caller ID, which had mom printed abover her number. "Be quiet." I told Rebecca before I answered it. She glared at me for being rude, but I ignored her.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey hun, I didn't think you'd be up so early," she replied with a happy tone.

"Me either, but I just thought that waking up earlier would give me more time to visit with-" I paused when I remembered that nobody from school knew my dad was alive except for me and the guys. Rebecca glanced over at me confused, but I ignored her.

"More time to visit with who?" My mom asked. "You mean your dad?"

"Uh yeah. I haven't seen him in a while."

"Oh okay, well you do that. Once you get home though I need you to help your brother get packed up. We're moving into our new house today remember?" She asked.

Shit, I forgot all about that. I've hardly started packing my own things. "Sure thing."

"Alright, call me when you get home."

I hung up and set the phone back down. "Who was that?" She asked.

"My mom, which is why I asked you to be quiet." I replied.

"Oh."

For a second I thought she was going to keep asking me about the conversation like any other person would, but she didn't. "Cameron why can't you just tell me if you hooked up with Rachel or not?" She asked instead.

Someone just duct tape her mouth! Why does she want to know so bad anyway? It's not like I could tell her even if I wanted to. If she finds out, then she'll spill to Cody, and he'll attempt to kick my ass. I don't want to have to break to guys nose trying to get him to back off. "It doesn't matter if I did or didn't. If you're her best friend like you say you are, then she would have told you if we did it." I sighed. Honestly I just want to go back to bed. I'm tired as hell and am now stressed out.