Chapter 18

Dean's POV

I walked into Riley's room and she was sitting in her crib, crying. "Baby. What's wrong?" I asked her, walking over to the crib and she lifted her arms to me. "Daddy." She cried before I picked her up and held her. 

She set her head on my shoulder and continued crying. I tried rubbing her back and rocking her, but she wouldn't stop. But she did start to stink. So, I walked over to the changing table and set her down. "Daddy!" She screamed and reached for me and cried harder. "I'm right here, Riley. I have to change you." I kissed her forehead before changing her diaper. 

I picked her back up after throwing the dirty diaper away and she continued sobbing. "Are you hungry?" I asked, but she shook her head no. I didn't think she was tired because she was just sleeping. So I walked back to my and Royal's bedroom and saw Royal was sitting on the bed with one of my shirts on. 

"What's wrong?" Royal asked as I sat down on the bed with a crying baby. "I don't know. I changed her and tried rocking her but she doesn't seem to calm down." I said while she took Riley in her arms. Riley instantly stopped crying as soon as Royal took her. Royal giggled. "Oh, you little jerk." I said to my daughter, who just giggled along with her mom. 

Riley looked up at Royal. "Mama." She said. Royal smiled. "Yes. I'm mama." She said, kissing Riley's nose. Riley yawned and set her head on Royal's shoulder. 

Royal rocked our little girl before she had fallen asleep quickly. "Hm. She seems to really like you." I teased as she got up and started to carry Riley out of the room. She just shrugged. "Cos I'm the mom." She told me before she walked out. 

After a few moments, she finally came back into our room and sat back down on the bed next to me. "I'm bored. Do you want to play a game or something?" She asked me. I shrugged. "What game were you thinking of?" I asked her. She shrugged too. "Wanna play checkers?" She asked. I nodded. "Sure. I'll go get the game." I said, and got up to find the game.