Chapter 4

Royal's POV

Dean, his four brothers, their mates and children, and I all had dinner together. Apparently his two other brothers got word that their youngest brother and alpha finally had found his mate and wanted to have dinner with us too.

"So, Royal." Maddox's mate Laura said, looking up at me from her plate. I hummed, meeting her gaze. "How old are you?" She asked, taking a bite of the roast beef we were having. "I just turned nineteen three months ago." I said quietly, looking back down at my plate. "Oh!" Faye, Ranger's mate, said. "Just a child! Not even legal age to drink in the human world." Faye giggled.

Laura and Faye were beautiful women. Much more mature looking than I was due to them almost being ten years older than me.

Laura was brown haired, green eyed, and tan skinned. Her facial features were definitely prominent and visible. Strong jawed.

Faye looked just the opposite. Kind of like someone who was of fairy descent. Soft features, light, icy blue eyes, fair skin and freckles.

There was a little tug on the side of my shirt. I turned my head and looked down. It was one of Brendon's sons. Nicolas, who was seven. He was the middle child of Brendon's. Brendon had three children. His oldest was Brian, who was eleven, Nicolas, seven, and his recent newborn, Isabella, who was his only girl.

Maddox and Ranger had eight children, each with four. Maddox's children were Morgana, Tiana, Bethany, and Bridgette, all quadruplet girls, born at the same time. Ranger's were all boys. Francis, Victor, Ranger Jr, and Blaze. Francis and Jr were the first set of twins and Victor and Blaze were the second set of twins.

And last, Rocco only had one child. A two year old boy named Jonah. He was the quietest of all my new nieces and nephews. He didn't exactly like others but at the same time wanted to talk but was too shy. 

Jonah sat between Rocco and I, slightly playing with his food. "Hey Jonah." I said, looking at him. He was a little, red headed boy with bright, electric green eyes and pale skin. He looked like his mother, Hailey, and nothing like Rocco.

"Hi." He said in a small voice, shoving a piece of roast beef into his mouth. "How old are you?" I asked him. He held up two fingers. "Oh you're two? Such a big boy, aren't you?" I asked, lightly tickling his tummy. He giggled at me and a big smile spread across his face.

"Royal." Dean warned. I looked over to him. "What? He's your nephew. I was just trying to get to know him." I said, looking back at Jonah, who was just blabbing at Rocco now.

After dinner, Dean and I went back to his room. He hadn't talked to me for the rest of dinner nor on the way up to the room. "Dean, are you okay?" I asked, once we reached the bedroom. "I'm fine." He said in a bitter tone.

I sigh. "No. You're not. Tell me." I walk over to him and grab his hand. "Dean. I'm your mate. Talk to me." I whisper to him. But he just pulled his hand away from mine and turned away from me. "Just go to sleep, Royal. I'll join you later." He told me and walked over to the balcony doors and opened them.

I didn't want to go to sleep without him so I just followed him. "Dean." I said when I walked out on the balcony. "Go to bed." He growled at me. "No. Not until you tell me what's wrong and you come with me." I growled back. "What is wrong with you tonight? I try and get to know my new family and you had to go and try to make it seem like it was the worst thing in the world. Then you refused to talk or even look at me during and after dinner and on the way up here. What on earth is wrong? Why won't you talk to me? I came with you for a reason, Dean. I left my life, my home, that I've never been out of in my nineteen years of life until this morning. And now you're practically treating me like-"

I yelped and the back of my head started to burn. Tears brimmed my eyes as I looked up at Dean, who's eyes were almost black. "P-please.." I whispered.

"Dean. Get off of her." Rocco's voice said all the way across the room. But Dean didn't move. He just kept me against the wall. "Dean Michael Ryder. Come on." Rocco said, basically shoving Dean away from me. "Get your damn dominance and wolf under control. Before I get our other brothers here to make you."

Rocco turned to look at me. "Are you okay? I only knew something was wrong because I could smell blood." He said, gently taking me away from the wall. "Blood?" I asked when he gently touched the back of me head. I winced in pain but he pulled back his hand. I looked at it, and his fingers were covered in blood. My blood.

"The pack doctor is coming now. He should be up here in a few minutes. Can you walk? You seem to have a really bad bump." Rocco asked. "Um. Yeah. I think I can."

Rocco led me inside and sat me down on the bed. "I'm sorry for Dean. I'm going to have him sleep somewhere else tonight and I'll keep an eye on him. So he doesn't hurt you anymore than he has already."

I immediately shook my head no but it hurt. "I don't know what's wrong with him tonight. But I want him here with me. I don't think I can sleep without him." I said as the bedroom door opened. Rocco slightly smiled at me. "I think you'll be fine for one night without lug head over there."

The pack doctor examined my head without saying a word until he was done looking at my head and cleaning whatever wound I had.

"It doesn't look like you need any stitches but there is a small gash on the back of your head and a little bump. Just be careful for a few hours until it heals. Should be healed in 2 hours." He said and left.

I looked over at the balcony and Dean was leaning against the railing, his back to us. I stood up to go talk to him but Rocco stopped me. "Don't." He whispered to me. I looked up at Rocco. "Don't you dare tell me what to do." I said, and tried to push past him to get to Dean. But he stopped me again. "Royal." He sighed. "I don't want you hurt again."

I didn't listen to him and pushed passed him and finally got to Dean. "Get away. I don't want to hurt you again." His voice was raw. "What made you do it? What's wrong with you? You were okay until I started talking to Jonah. Don't tell me you're jealous of your nephew."

I gently grabbed his arm. "I don't know what got over me. I can't control myself. I wanted to mate with you right then and there at dinner. I wasn't jealous of Jonah. I just.. I want you. My wolf wants you. But I don't want to force you into it."

"Dean. You can have me. That's why I came. I want to be with you. I want you too." I whispered. I heard the door close, assuming that Rocco left.

He shook his head no. "Dean. Don't force yourself. That's what I'm here for. To be your mate and be with you. If you want to take me, claim me as yours then do. I'd rather you do that than possibly harming yourself and me trying to push it down."

His hand grabbed one of mine. "Just.. one night. Get yourself used to everything. Maybe tomorrow night. I can keep to myself until then. Just having you standing next will be enough for me."

I sighed. "Okay. But know it's just as hard for me as it is for you. I want to mate." I say, kissing his bicep.

"Come to bed with me." I whisper, gently pulling him back into the room. Dean closed the doors behind him. "I don't think I can without trying to take your innocence." He smirked, gently wrapping his arms around my waist. I smirked too. "I told you can take it any time you want. The sooner, the better." I whisper seductively.

Dean hummed. "If you keep using that tone, and I must do so." He said, kissing one side of my neck. I chuckled as my hands went up and down his arms. "Maybe I should continue. Maybe then you'd mate with me." I whisper in his ear in a seductive tone.

He hummed against my neck. "Such a tease." He whispered. "But I shouldn't sleep with you tonight. But there's a bedroom right next door that I'll sleep in. If I can keep my mind off you and your scent long enough, I'll be able to sleep and not come and try." He whispered before planting a kiss on my lips.

"Goodnight, Royal." He said and left the room. I sighed and unpacked my bag to try and find pajamas. "This is going to be a long night."