Chapter 19

Royal's POV

Dean and I played checkers for about 45 minutes before Riley woke back up and ended up needing to be fed. Which Dean didn't mind helping with. As much as I loved feeding my daughter, it was more a bonding time for them. It was sweet seeing my mate feeding our child, and her looking up at him with such loving eyes. 

He was so wrapped around her little finger, and I loved it. Loved how such a small, little pup could easily tame a beast of a man. He was as much hers as he was mine. Probably even more so. As much as Dean says he loves me, I can tell how much love he holds for Riley. He was the best father as he could be and that's all I could've asked for. 

After Riley finished eating, she refused to leave Dean's arms. She seemed to feel protected by her daddy, so she decided she would stay with him. "You're such a daddy's girl, huh?" I asked, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear. Her head was on his shoulder. Riley hummed contently, wrapping her little arm around Dean's neck. "Daddy." She said. I smiled at her and Dean smiled, too. "Yeah. That's daddy. Is he yours? Can I have him?" I teased, scooting closer and kissed his cheek. 

Riley whined and tried to swat me away. I faked being offended. "You need to share, you little stinker." I said, tickling her tummy. Which she giggled to. "My daddy." She giggled as she tried moving her tummy away from me and wrapped her little arm back around him. 

I stopped tickling her and giggled. "Fine. You can have him. I didn't want him anyways." I teased, sticking my tongue out at my daughter. She giggled back. 

"Can you share me with mommy?" Dean asked, moving his head to kiss Riley on the forehead. She seemed to contemplate the question for a moment before turning her head to look away from me. "No thanks." She stated, matter-of-factly, and hugged him tighter. Dean just chuckled. "You are a little stinker." 

"I don't care. She loves you." I said, rubbing Riley's back. Dean looked in my eyes and smiled. "I love you." He said. I gave a small smile. "I love you. But admit it. You love Riley more." I whispered. "I love you both." 

"I know. But Riles has you wrapped around her pinky." I told him, dropping my hand. He shook his head no. "Nah. I don't think so." He said, adjusting his grip on her and patted her back for a second. I nodded. "Yah-huh. If it wasn't for the fact we could shift, I'm pretty sure you'd use me as a human sacrifice for her. And even then, you just might." 

He smiled more and just gave me a kiss. "I could never. I wouldn't be able to breathe without you." He whispered before pressing his forehead into mine. "You mean so much to me. I love Riley and I live for her." He said, before pulling away and continued to pat her back. "But you know if it weren't for you, she would've never been here. If it weren't for all the things you've done, I wouldn't have become her father." 

Dean looked at her. And I guess she had fallen asleep, because her arm drooped, and he was able to set her down, and she began to slightly snore. He made sure she was laying next to him, far from the edge, before giving his attention back to me. 

"I would die without you. You're just as much of my life as Riley is. Even more so. I'm less of a man without you. Less of an alpha. I'm nothing without you, Royal. And I want you to believe that." He said, before getting on his knees in front of me. 

He gripped both of my arms, forcing me to face him completely. "Don't ever, ever, think you don't mean anything to me. You, just like Riley, will ALWAYS, be my top priority. You are my mate. My luna. My everything. I sit here today, because of you." 

I felt a tear roll down my cheek and I sniffled. He was my everything, too. My rock, my protector. My other half. "I love you." I sobbed before jumping into his arms. He held me as I sobbed. Luckily Riley was a heavy sleeper, because I definitely didn't want to wake her up. "I love you, too, Royal." He whispered into my ear as he held me. 

The End