Chapter 10

Royal's POV

2 days later

I woke up to bright lights and the edges of my vision blurred. I had to squint and open my eyes slowly until I got used to the lights. I turned my head and saw Rocco sitting there, reading. "Rocco? What happened? Where's..."

That's when I jolted up to sit up. "Where's Dean? Is he okay? Where's my mate!" I panicked, totally ignoring the pain in my chest and shoulder. I looked around the room until I saw Dean walk in.

I let a breath out I didn't know I was holding. "I'm okay, love. How are you?" He asked in a soft voice, gently taking me in his arms. "Better now that I know you're okay." I said, reaching my hand up to touch his chest and up to his shoulder and down his arm. "No really. Are you in any pain?" He asked me, making me look in his eyes. "How's your shoulder? You got shot, remember?"

I looked down at my left shoulder and it was bandaged and my arm was in a sling. "I.. I'm hurting a little." I mumbled. "Okay. We can get the doctor in here and he can give you more pain meds."

I felt a pair of lips on my neck, behind my ear. I lightly moaned. "Dean." I whispered. "Rocco's in the room." I giggled, pulling away from Dean and looking over at Rocco, who was still ignoring us. "Don't worry. I personally don't care what you two do as long as it doesn't bother my reading." He said, not pulling his attention away from the book and waved his hand at us. "Continue whatever you were doing, baby brother."

Dean chuckled and looked back at me. "I'm never letting you out of my sight again." He said, his smile fading and looking very serious. "You know you have to eventually." I said but he shook his head no. "No. I'm not. I refuse to let anything like this happen to you again. I was a bad mate."

I shrugged with my one good shoulder. "Maybe a little." I teased, which made him crack a little smile. "You know I'll always love you, Dean. I don't care if we get in fights. I'll always find my way back to you."

I pulled on his shirt to pull him towards me and kissed him. Then my tummy rumbled. Dean started laughing against my lips. "Well that's sexy." He teased, leaning away from me. "I'll go get you some food." He said and left, his footsteps slowly fading and eventually stopped when the door on the other end of the hallway, leading out to the outside world, opened and closed. But with him just leaving, hurt. I wanted him here right now. I don't care about food.

"When can I leave here?" I asked Rocco, looking toward him. "In a few days. When you're fully healed." He said, still not looking up from his book. I groaned. "But I want to leave now. So I can be with Dean."

"Dean got you in this situation in the first place." He said looking up at me. I shook my head no. "I got myself into this situation. I shouldn't have left with the girl. That was my fault." I said. Rocco chuckled. "But you were outside in the first place because you got upset with Dean because he was being a dumbass. Of course it was kind of bad judgement on your part because you didn't know the girl but you were just trying to be nice. So you can't blame it all on yourself."

I lightly growled. "Call Dean a dumbass again. I'll show you who the dumbass is. I don't care about my shoulder."

He raised his hands up in defense, leaving his book in his lap. "Moody much, Royal?" He asked, lifting his book back up and started to read again.

I was feeling a little moody. Maybe it was just because I was in pain from my shoulder and I really wanted Dean to hold me. But maybe it was just because it might've been awhile since the last time I've eaten.

Hearing footsteps, I thought Dean was coming back. But it wasn't him. It didn't smell like Dean. This person smelt clean and not like Dean's usual scent of dust and cologne. This person smelt like hospital soap.

"Hi there, Luna. How are you feeling?" A guy in a striped polo shirt and jeans asked. The only indication that he was a doctor was the stethoscope around his neck and the white doctor jacket he had on.

"Sore. Hungry. Moody. Am I going into heat? I think it might be that time of year. I feel really warm." I said, blabbing away about everything I was thinking. The doctor chuckled. "Well I can give you some more pain meds if you need it. You're probably hungry because you haven't eaten in two days other than maybe a few pieces of fruit when you woke up, here and there."

I groaned at a sharp pain going through my stomach and down into my hips. "Ow. I'm in pain." I laid back on the bed I was still in. "Where are you in pain?" The doctor asked. "In my stomach. I don't know why." I groaned. "You're probably just hungry." Dean said, coming in with pizza. "Ooh pizza." I sat back up and grabbed it from him.

I ate a piece of pizza but I was still in pain. "My tummy still hurts." I pouted and patted Dean's arm. "What?" He asked. "Fix it." I told him. He chuckled. "That's why we have Mark."

I sighed and ate two more pieces before giving the rest to Dean. "Here. I'm done." I said. Dean took the plate back. "Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded. "I am full."

"Ooh. Dean." I said when he sat down. "What?" He asked. "What if.. just listen.. what if.. I'm pregnant." I said, just thinking randomly. He gave me a weird look. "No. Hear me out. My tummy hurts. I'm moody. Kind of craving chocolate covered pickles with salt right now. Like a human woman. Don't human women get weird food cravings?"

Dean still had a weird look on his face. "You always have weird food cravings. I found you up the night you got here, at 3 am, half asleep, eating a bowl of ketchup and mayonnaise and shredded lettuce." He said. "In my defense. I was hungry. And wanted mayo." I shrugged. He still had the weird look. "You could've made a sandwich." He said. I furrowed my eyebrows and crossed my arms over my chest. "I was too tired to make a sammich."

"Well maybe we can check if you are." Mark, the pack doctor, interrupted. "It could be a possibility as to why you're moody and got abdominal cramps." As he talked, he started to move around different equipment. What seemed to be a monitor, a wand thing that connected to it, and some gel.

"I need you to lay back, please, luna." Mark said. I did so and he lightly shifted my clothes around so my hips would be slightly exposed. "Why do my pants need to be lower?" I asked. "To get a better look into your uterus. Now the gel with be a little cold." He said, squirting the gel around the lower part of my stomach. It sent chills down my spine.

Turning the machine on, Mark swiveled the wand where the gel was. "Well, look at that." Dean said, staring at the screen. "What?" I asked, trying to crane my neck to the screen. I faintly saw a tiny head and hands.

"Is that.. a baby?" I asked. I looked at Dean and he was smiling. "You're pregnant, baby." He whispered, looking at me. I looked at the screen again. "How far along am I?" I asked. "Not that long since you guys just mated not too long ago. But werewolf babies grow insanely fast in the womb. So it probably won't be long until your baby comes."

Rocco stood up from the chair he was sitting in and stood next to Dean. "Wait a minute. Do you see that?" He asked, pointing to the opposite side of the small white outline of a baby. "What?" Mark and Dean asked in unison.

"Looks like another head." He said, lowering his hand. Dean looked closer. "It is." He said. "You're pregnant with twins." He said, grabbing my hand. "Twins." I breathed. "What are their genders? Are they going to be okay? Even after I've been stressing out and the incident?" All these questions raced through my head.

Mark chuckled and took the wand off my stomach. "It's going to take a little longer to tell what the sex of the babies are going to be. They still need to develop more. They seem to pretty much just be bobble heads. I can run tests if it will make you feel better but from what I can tell, they're fine."

I nodded. "Try and get some rest." Dean said, kissing my head. "You need it. Mind link me if you need me." He whispered.

I nodded again, finally realizing how tired I felt. "I love you, Royal." He said, when I started to fall asleep. "I love you too." I said before fully passing out.