Chapter 15

Dean's POV

3 weeks later

We finally were able to take Riley home. While when she was born, she was barely the size of a newborn. From not being in the womb long enough to grow. But now she was about the size of a year old baby. She was starting to talk a little more. But the only words she really knew was "mommy", "daddy", "hungry", and "no". She really liked the word no. But she tried imitating our words.

Royal had Riley in her lap, bouncing her on her knees. Riley was squealing and laughing. The more I looked at her, the more I saw Royal in her. She looked just like Royal but with my colored eyes.

I walked over to them and smiled at Riley. She looked up at me and reached out. "Daddy!!!" She giggled. I took her off Royal's lap and pretended to bite her neck, tickling her. She squealed. "Daddy!!" She giggled again.

I looked at her and kissed her cheek. "Yes, my love?" I ask. She tapped my face with her little hands. Luckily everything was fully developed when she was born except her lungs. Those were small until she became this size. Now they're just as developed as they could be. But they still are on the smaller side.

I kissed one of her small hands and she giggled. "Hungry, daddy." She said. "You're hungry?" I ask. "Hungry." She repeated.

"Here." Royal said, handing me a bottle. I gave it to Riley and she sucked on the tip hungrily. "You are hungry, aren't you?" I chuckled. She finished the bottle and I took it from her. "Hungry, daddy." She said. "You just finished a bottle. You have a full belly now." I tell her. She pouted. "No. Hungry."

I sighed and looked at Royal. "Maybe we can give her a little more." She said, getting up and going to the kitchen and then coming back with a half bottle. "Here, baby. Here's a little more. But that's all, right now. Don't need an upset tummy." She told Riley, giving her the bottle. She chugged the contents and Royal took it back. "Done?" I ask her. She just looked at me. "I assume so. She's not saying she's hungry, anymore." Royal said.

"Poopy." Riley said. Royal sighed but I laughed. "Really, stinker? Mommy just changed you ten minutes ago." Royal sighed. Riley looked up at Royal. "I guess all that milk pushed out the poop in her tummy." I offered an explanation. Royal wasn't amused.

"Okay, stinky butt. Daddy will change you." I said and stood up with my daughter in my hands. "No." She told me. I raised an eyebrow at my daughter. "Did you just tell me no, you little stinker." I asked. She giggled. "No!"

"Well, too bad. Daddy will change you and you cant tell me what to do." I said and lightly tickled her tummy and she giggled.

I took her up to our bedroom where her crib and her changing table was and changed her quickly. After I was finished, I buttoned the onesie she had on back up and picked her up. "Daddy?" She asked in more of a questioning tone. "Yes, Riley?" I asked. She looked around the room until she started staring out the balcony doors, which were open to let in some air. It was nice out today. "What?" I asked.

She pointed out the doors and made a little noise. "Want to go outside?" I asked her and walked out onto the balcony. But she kept looking around. Like she dropped something and was trying to find it. "There's nothing out here babygirl. There aren't even very many people."

She pointed downward. "Mommy." She said. I looked down and Royal was standing outside, talking to one of the guards. I didn't even realize she went outside. "Mommy!" Riley almost screamed in my ear. "Riles, not so loud." I said.

Royal looked up and waved at us. "Mommy!!" Riley whined and tried to get out of my arms. I backed up from the ledge so she wouldn't fall. "Riley. We can just walk down there if you want mommy." I said but she cried. "No!"

I almost growled, making her stop and look at me. "I am not going to let you jump over this damn ledge just so you can get to your mother, quicker. You will listen to me and we can walk down the stairs like normal, civilized people instead of animals. Do I make myself clear, Riley Grace?" I growled, my eyes darkening. She just blinked at me. "I know you have more common sense than that. Even if you are a baby."

That's when she started crying. Maybe because of my eyes or how I raised my voice at her, I don't know. But all I do know is that I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and Royal appearing in the doorway of our bedroom. "What did you do to my daughter?" She almost growled at me, taking Riley away from me and trying to soothe her. "She wanted to jump off the ledge to try and get to you."

Royal just glared at me and bounced Riley on her hip. "It's okay, babygirl. Mommy's got you." Royal said when Riley started to calm down. "Meany daddy!" She cried and started to suck on her thumb. "Don't suck on your thumb." I told her and tried to get it out of her mouth. But Royal moved away from me. "It's her coping mechanism. Leave her alone. She'll grow out of it."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Whatever." I sighed. Then Riley yawned. "Tired, babygirl?" Royal asked her. Riley made a little noise and set her head on Royal's shoulder.  "Okay. You and I can nap together. Let's kick daddy out." She said and glared at me. I rolled my eyes again. "Fine." I said and walked out of the bedroom.