Chapter 6

Royal's POV

I refused to talk to Dean. No matter how much he tried to apologize, I wasn't having it. I didn't even want to look at him, knowing that if I did, I'd fall into his hands like putty and I would forgive him. So I didn't stay in the same room as him long enough to do so.

It was getting passed lunch time and I was starting to get hungry. I had a big breakfast so I really didn't want to eat lunch only a few hours later. But now, since it's already two forty-five in the afternoon, and breakfast was at eight thirty, I was hungry. So I decided to walk down to the kitchen from Dean's bedroom where I had hung out for a lot of the morning.

"Are you hungry, Luna?" The pack house's chef, Lilith, asked. Lilith was a little lady who was probably in her 40s or 50s. She was only 5'2", had a head full of grey hair, and striking blue eyes. She had a few wrinkles but it wasn't bad.

"Yes, please." I said, sitting on a bar stool that was next to the black marble counter. "Here you go, sweetie." She handed me a full plate. It had roast beef, corn, mashed potatoes and gravy, and carrots. "Eat up. Butthead didn't eat much." Lilith sighed, rolling her eyes. "I can never seem to get it right. Whenever I make a lot of food, he seems to not want to eat much. But whenever I make less, he seems to want a million plates of food. I don't understand him sometimes."

I giggled through a mouth of mashed potatoes, knowing she was talking about Dean. "He is a butthead." I say after swallowing my mashed potatoes. "First he tries and get all dominant over me just because I was just wanting to mate and then he has the freaking nerve to try and apologize. I don't get it."

Lilith rolled her eyes and sighed. "He's just little on edge about everything. About you, about running the pack, about his father's death not too long ago." She said. "But in my opinion, he should mate with you. He's just causing more stress on himself than necessary."

"That's what I think. But no. He doesn't seem to want to hear it. He just wants to stress himself out until it gets too much for him."

I faintly started to hear footsteps coming towards the kitchen and the familiar intoxicating smell of cologne and dust. Dean.

"Finally come to get some food? It's only been done for the last ten minutes." Lilith said, plating some food and setting the full plate with utensils to the right side of me. "Well you didn't mind link me or my brothers. So obviously we didn't know until Brendon mind linked everyone saying he smelled food." Dean's low voice said smoothly.

He sat down next to me and lightly nudged me with his elbow. "What do you want?" I asked, not daring to look at him. "You've been ignoring me all morning." He said. I looked over at him, picking at my food. "Well you made me mad this morning. So that's why."

He sighed. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you mad." He said, trying to grab my hand but I pulled it away before he could. "Right." I said, standing up and starting to walk away.

Dean's POV

Great. She's refusing to talk to me. I've been trying to talk to her all morning but she didn't seem to want to listen or want to talk.

"She didn't even finish her lunch. You must've done something wrong." Lilith lightly growled at me, grabbing Royal's plate with her half eaten food. I just rolled my eyes and finished my food. "I didn't do anything wrong." I said, standing up but Lilith rolled her eyes at me. "She didn't talk to you at breakfast and now she left during lunch, not even eating all of her food. So obviously you said or did something wrong to piss the girl off. Now shoo. I gotta do stuff here."

I lightly growl at Lilith before walking away, following the faint scent of Royal. Even though I knew she was most likely in my bedroom.

Opening the door, she was changing clothes. She originally had black leggings and a long, white shirt. But now she only now had on shorts and no shirt, because she was searching in the closet, possibly searching for one.