chapter 16

Royal's POV

Riley and I fell asleep in my bed for about 3 hours before I had woken up. Riley was still asleep, laying on her tummy, sucking her thumb and snoring.

I admired my baby girl. She was the prettiest one I've ever seen in my life. And I've seen some pretty babies. She had light brown hair, slightly tanned skin. Dean said she looked like me but I see a mix of both of us in her. She doesn't look quite like me but doesn't look quite like him, either.

I was playing with her hair for awhile until her eyes fluttered open and she looked up at me. "Hi, baby girl." I whispered. She slightly moaned at me and closed her eyes again. She took her thumb out of her mouth. "Daddy." She sleepily said. I sighed. "Daddy isn't here, Riley." I told her. She opened her eyes again and pouted. "Daddy." She said.

I sighed, picking her up and getting out of bed. "Okay, baby. Let me change you and we can go find daddy." I told her as I set her on the changing table, changed her, and picked her back up.

I looked in the normal spots Dean would probably be. The office, the living room, the kitchen. But nothing. I couldn't find him. "Now where could your father be?" I mumbled, walking back to the living room from the kitchen. But instead of it being empty, Rocco was now sitting on the couch watching TV. "Daddy!" Riley squealed. Rocco looked over at us, confused. "No, Riles. That's Uncle Rocco. Not daddy." I said as I walked over to the couch and sat next to him.

Riley reached over to him and Rocco took her out of my arms. "Hello, pretty." He smiled at Riley, setting her on his lap. She giggled. "Daddy!" She said, looking up at Rocco. "No, silly baby. I'm not your dad." He giggled at her, tickling her tummy. She giggled along with him.

After a few minutes of them laughing then watching TV, Dean walked in. All three of us looked up at him. "Daddy!" Riley said, reaching up to Dean. "Yes, now that's daddy." Rocco said, lifting her up to give to Dean. Dean grabbed her from him and gave her a little kiss on the cheek. "Yeah. She calls everyone daddy. I've caught her calling Mark dad a few times." Dean sighed.

"Mine." Riley giggled at Dean, lightly pulling on his hair. "Riley. Careful." I said, in a stern voice. Riley let go of Dean's hair and looked at me. "No." She pouted.

Dean chuckled and lightly pinched Riley's cheek. "It's fine. She doesn't hurt me." He sighed and let go of her cheek. Riley giggled at Dean. "Daddy!" She giggled, reaching up and slightly tapping Dean's cheeks. "Yes, baby." He smiled down at her. 

I could see the admiration Dean had for our daughter in his eyes. I knew from the second she was born that he was totally head over heels for her. If I thought he was in love with me, that love didn't seem to compare to the love that he had for our baby girl. She had him wrapped around her little finger tight and I knew he would be until the moment he took his last breath. 

I got up from the couch and walked over to them. I gave Dean a kiss on the cheek and Riley pouted at me. Both Dean and I laughed. "I can see she doesn't want you to love on Dean." Rocco commented, with sass in his voice. "He's hers now." Rocco said, turning the TV off and got up. He lightly pinched Riley's cheek. "You keep them girls away from daddy. Tell them who's boss." Rocco told Riley. Riley giggled and smiled up at Rocco. "Me." She giggled. Rocco smiled at her. "That's right, you little crotch goblin. You're the boss." He said before patting her back and walking away. 

"Who says you're the boss?" I asked Riley, leaning against Dean. Riley looked over her shoulder and pointed in the direction Rocco went. "Uncle Rocco did?" I asked her. Riley looked back at me and nodded. I lightly rolled my eyes at her. "Okay, crotch goblin. Let's go feed you." I said as I walked into the kitchen to make her a bottle.