Chapter 2

Dean's POV

"Alpha? We're almost to the Moonvalley pack." A voice told me, pulling me out of my nap. I had apparently fallen asleep on the way to the pack.

I groaned, covering my eyes from the incoming sun through the window. "How much longer will it be?" I almost growl, half from being aggravated from the sun, half from being woken up. "Maybe half an hour. Or less. That's why I woke you up now instead of when we got there."

I looked up to the front seat where the voice was coming from. Two of my older brothers, Brendon and Rocco sat in the drivers seat and passenger seats. But I knew the voice to be Rocco, who was only two years older than me, being twenty six. And Brendon was the oldest out of all of us, being thirty.

There's five of us total. Brendon, then Maddox and Ranger, twins, who was twenty eight, Rocco, then me, the youngest at age twenty four. But father made me alpha instead of Brendon. He hated me for it because he thought he would become alpha by default. Because he was oldest. He had a mate and a family. Granted every other brother except me had mates and families. But he still didn't like me and refused to talk to me for weeks. But father chose me because I was apparently the most dominant and strongest out of all of my brothers. And that's the kind of alpha our father always wanted.

I brought Brendon and Rocco with me because they were strong men. Not saying that Maddox and Ranger weren't. But those two were stronger than the twins were. And I trusted them the most if anything happened to me.

"We're here, alpha." Brendon told me as we pulled up on a dirt road. "Brendon and Rocco. What I say about the whole alpha thing? We're brothers. I don't like you using such a title when it's just us." I say quietly, looking out the window to watch the passing trees.

"I know." Rocco was the one who spoke up. "But we go with you to a lot of your meetings. So we have to call you alpha in front of others. That's what you get when you made us your betas. We go to a lot of places with you. So we've gotten used to calling you alpha." I sighed. "I know. It just feels awkward though when we're alone." I say.

Brendon pulled up to a house and parked in front of it in the grass before I hopped out of the car. But as soon as I do, a strong smell hit me. It was intoxicating and something I adored. Growling, I closed my eyes, sniffing more of it in.

"Dean?" Rocco asked me, concern filling his voice and a hand was placed on my shoulder. I opened my eyes and lightly growled at him. He removed his hand quickly. "Are you okay?" Brendon asked me. I looked around. "Mate." I growled. "T-tell the alpha, I'll be right back." I said to them and not allowing them to say anything, I ran off, following the scent.

I came up to a house and the scent was strongest here. I had to control myself and tell myself that I had the common sense not to just barge into someone's house.

Raising my hand, I lightly knocked on the door.

Royal's POV

I woke up just like every other morning. But it wasn't like any other morning. I had slept in late from a migraine I had last night. But when I awoke, a strong smell hit me. I don't if it helped my headache or made it worse. But I enjoyed it so much.

I got out of bed, following the heavenly scent of dust and cologne. But then there was a knock on the door. "Royal, since you're in the living room can you get the door?" Mom called from the hallway. Where in the hallway, I wasn't sure.

I moved towards the door and the smell became rather intoxicating. The knock came again but it almost blended in with the beating of my heart in my ears.

Opening the door, my eyes met another pair of eyes that sent me over. One look was all it took to push me over the edge. One glance, one pair of golden blue eyes holding my gaze. My breath caught in my throat. My skin ached, burned for the touch from the man not ten feet away from me.

Like he read my mind, he moved. Inching his way ever so closer until our breaths mixed. He was mine, and I was his. He knew it. I knew it. But thing was, who was to make the first move? Him.. or me?

It was him. He grabbed me forcefully and growled. "You're my mate." He almost roared, pulling me ever so close to his body. "You.. you're.. you're Alpha Dean.. aren't you?" I asked, not pulling my eyes away from his. "Don't ask such silly questions you already know the answer to."

I visibly gulped. "A-Alpha.." I started but I heard footsteps behind me and I turned my head. "What do you think you're doing to my daughter?" My father's growl was loud and demanding. He hadn't realized who he was talking to. "Daddy."

But Dean had already crossed the living room in three steps. He towered over my father by a lot. It scared me at what his height and muscles could do to my father. "I'm her mate. And I'm also an alpha. So you better not use that tone with me."

My dad smirked. "You may be an alpha, but you're just a kid. Yes, I have to show you respect but not when you had your hands up my daughter's shirt in my house." My father roared before shifted to wolf and growling, trying to show dominance. "Daddy wait!" I said and got between them, hoping neither would hurt the other.

I turned to Dean, looking him straight in the eye. His once golden blue eyes were now a dark blue. His dominance. His wolf. But they changed quickly when I came to view. "Sit." I told him, trying to muster up enough courage and dominance. I was facing an alpha and a very strong, dominant one at that.

He back away and did so, sitting on the couch. I turned to my father, who already shifted. "I'm sorry daddy. I wasn't expecting him at all. I didn't even know he was actually coming. I just thought it was a rumor." I tried explaining but my father didn't care and just wrapped me in a hug. "He didn't hurt you, did he?" Father whispered in my ear. While I wrapped my arms around my father, I shook my head no. "No. I'm fine. Alpha Dean didn't harm me."

I pulled away, looking over at Dean who was staring at us, his eyes back to the dark blue. "You have business with my alpha correct?" I asked him, walking over to him. Dean nodded. "Yes I do." He told me in a hoarse whisper. "Come, Alpha. I'll walk you back to his house." I said.

Dean stood up all too fast. "Maybe I should walk him to the alpha's house." Father said, with mother already standing at his side. I shook my head no. "Let me. I wouldn't want either of you hurting each other in the process if I allowed that to happen."

Dean and I walked out of my home that I shared with my parents but I didn't have enough time to register that my back was already pushed up against the brick siding of the house.

"Oh the things I could do to you right now if your parents weren't on the other side of this house and we weren't out in the open like this." He growled, dominance dripping from his mouth like drool as he spoke. For some reason, this turned me on more than scared me. "The things I'd allow you to do to me, Alpha." I whispered. "But you have a meeting. Don't want you to be more late than you already are."

I moved out from under his arms and started to walk to Alpha Shadow's house, but I didn't hear footsteps following me. "Control your anger and dominance, Alpha Dean. I don't want Alpha Shadow to feel like he did something wrong." I called out continued to walk to Alpha's house.