Chapter 9

Dean's POV

"Dean? Where's Royal? She tried mind linking me but it was fuzzy. Couldn't understand what she was trying to say." Rocco asked me after I walked out of my bathroom. "What do you mean? She's sitting outside. Go look off the balcony. She's been there for the last twenty minutes." I said bitterly but Rocco chose to ignore my bitterness and walked out of the balcony doors and looked down.

"She's not down there." Rocco said, still looking off the balcony. "What do you mean she's not there? Of course she is. I just walked out there before I took a shower."He shrugged. "Maybe I should go find her." Then he looked at me. "Or maybe her mate should go."

I just rolled my eyes. "Fine. Don't go and be a good mate. I'll be a good brother and go find her." He almost growled at me. "I didn't say I didn't wanna be a good mate. She just angered me today."

"What did she do, Dean? You were up really early this morning and not with her in your own bed. She was just trying to get you back to bed. That's all. But no. You went and had to anger her. If you're not going to find her, then I will. Maybe I will get our other brothers to help me. Because it seems like all of us except you love Royal."

He stormed out of the bedroom, slamming the door behind him in the process. I growled at the door as I turned to look over the balcony. Royal wasn't sitting there. "Where could you have gone now?"

Royal's POV

I woke up being put in the back of a van. "What.. what are you doing?" I asked groggily. "Taking you away." A guy said with a little chuckle.

I looked up, past the guys. But everything blurred passed their shoulders. But there was a faint outline of an all too familiar body. "Step back from my mate." His loud voice growled.

Everything was still so blurry but I could tell he shifted and started attacking. There were others who shifted, I could tell. "Dean. Don't get hurt." I mumbled, trying to get up to help but my body felt weak so I just fell out of the van.

"Royal.. Royal, darling." His voice said calmly. "I'm so sorry." He said before kissing me. His arms picking me up so I could stand on my own two feet, but he still had his arms around me. "This is all my fault. If I didn't get mad at you, this wouldn't have happened. I let you get kidnapped and hurt. I'm so sorry."

"Just please untie me." I mumbled and set my head on his chest as he lifted me back up in the van and untied my arms and legs.

Everything came back into focus slowly just in time to see the girl who led me here. She had a gun pointing at Dean. "You ruined it! I could've left! But no! They wanted your stupid mate. I can't let you take her." She screamed at him before she pulled the trigger.

It all felt like slow motion and I don't know what went through my mind but I moved fast enough to get between him and the shot.

Pain coursed through my shoulders and chest as I grunted at the pain. "Royal!" A chorus of voices yelled as Dean caught me.

Everything started to blur in and out of focus. But Dean. Dean was the only one I saw. He was crying and had a hand over where I was shot. "Why?" He sobbed and looked up at the girl. For a split second his face was contorted in such a way that made me even scared. He wasn't the greek god of a man anymore. The look on his face showed the true monster that lied within him.

I look over where he was looking and what seemed like four other wolves attacked and killed the girl. "No.. She just wanted to go.. go back home." I gasped. The pain was so bad.

"Dean. We need to get her back to the pack hospital. We have to get that bullet out so the wound can heal." Brendon's voice said.

I looked back at Dean as he nodded then looked back down at me. "I'm going to try and lift you up. Tell me if it hurts." He said. He wrapped his one arm that was trying to stop my bleeding under my legs and stood up. But the jerking around of him trying to caused more pain so I screamed.

"I'm sorry." Was the last thing I heard before I passed out.