Chapter One

Chapter One (Adam)

*Note: Sweet Revenge comes before this :O

There were several reasons why vampires didn't make good boyfriends.

One of them was the obvious part. They had fangs. They drank blood. If you were human, all they wanted to do was plant those fangs right into your throat and suck you dry.

The other ones depended on what vampire you fell in love with. Me? I fell in love with a tempermental vampire, a host to a demonic parasite that lived inside his brain and gave him psychic powers, like visions, astral walks, and occasionally, he'd hit me in the face with a pillow even though he was halfway across the room and there was no pillow near him.

But despite all the reasons that dating a vampire, this vampire in particular, was dangerous... It was like trying to resist double fudge ice cream with chocolate syrup and sprinkles. You know it's bad for you. It could probably lead to diabetes or any number of health problems, even death. Yet, you can't help, but be drawn to it.

Julian Alexander Grey was my double fudge ice cream with chocolate syrup and sprinkles.

And he took every chance he could to remind me of that. Be it in the kitchen while I was trying to make me, the only human in the house, something to eat, or showering for the next day, or just lying in bed at night. The guy would climb on top of me and flash those fangs at me in a way that would scare any normal human away. To me, it only turned me on and made me want to pull him underneath of me and take him all night long.

It was just kind of hard with his parents in the next room, his brother and brother-in-law across the hallway, and an ex-terrorist and his bodyguard in the last room.

I had come to the conclusion that the Grey house was far too crowded and I couldn't wait to get away from it all. I wanted to grab Julian and take off for Detroit or somewhere where it'd be difficult to find us again.

But I wasn't ready to face Mrs. Grey or Alexander should I lay a finger on Julian.

And that only drove me up the walls even further.

Leave the door open at night.

Shower one at a time.

Pick your clothes up!

Don't spend so much alone time together.

And most of that was coming from Alexander, who shockingly did more things with Vladimir than I cared to know and it only made me dislike him further. And while Julian acted like he wanted to punch Alexander, I could tell he was eager to get his brother's attention. I didn't tell Julian that, though. The last thing I needed was another injury.

You know, after being shot by psycho vampire terrorists.

If I had a therapist, he'd commit me to a mental institution.

But despite all this hellish nonsense that suddenly threw itself at me like a deer in the road, I was still glad that I got at least one thing out of all of this and that one thing was lying right next to me, sleeping silently with his brilliant blue eyes shut so his dark blonde lashes touched against his smooth, porcelain cheeks. His golden blonde hair fell across his face and cheeks, hanging to the nape of his neck.

And to my sweet pleasure, he was only wearing a pair of a pair of snug black boxer-briefs with little Pac-Man ghosts dancing across it.

I laid there, my arm curled under my head as I watched him sleep. He was absolute perfection. He actually looked more like a peaceful angel, like his brother, in his sleep, but when he was awake, he was a loose cannon and ready to get into a fight with anyone.